Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  • Jump to page:
    #1
  1. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Paying someone to do the SEO..


    Hi folks...just wondering..if I paid someone to do the SEO for me..what do you think would be the lowest cost per month? I realise that it can go up to 3000... but how low can it go and still be effective? Thanks.
  2. #2
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    135
    Rep Power
    14
    Originally Posted by vanillavintage
    Hi folks...just wondering..if I paid someone to do the SEO for me..what do you think would be the lowest cost per month? I realise that it can go up to 3000... but how low can it go and still be effective? Thanks.
    Fees for SEO range from high tens of thousands (if not higher) to a few tens of dollars per month. It all depends who you get. You pay a lot and the probability of getting a decent service is higher. You pay a little and the probability of getting a decent service decreases. Thats how I see it. All the same, I would still consider getting somebody low-cost as some of them are quite good.

    Cheers
  4. #3
  5. No Profile Picture
    EGOL
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    9,763
    Rep Power
    2481
    but how low can it go and still be effective?
    This is the right question....

    You have many choices... let's examine two...

    Imagine that you want to take a fort from the enemy. If you storm the fort with 5000 troops that should be more than enough to do the job.

    But, imagine that you lack courage and sent 5 troops today and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, .......

    get the idea?

    If your competitor gains 100 links per week and you gain 20 when will you catch them?

    Know thy enemy and know thyself....

    The question that you must ask the SEO is.... What will it take to beat them? If your SEO can't answer that question but is ready to spend $XXX per month then your SEO does not know the enemy or himself... he only knows that you have money.... and he will take your $XXX per month until you figure out that he doesn't know Jack.

    Comments on this post

    • seomonkeymanocp agrees : will this penalize the page for duplicate text? hahaha
    • Doodled agrees : Sums it up!
    Last edited by EGOL; Mar 28th, 2009 at 06:25 PM.
    * "It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain
    * "Free advice isn't worth much. Cheap advice is worth even less." EGOL
  6. #4
  7. B afraid.. B very afraid!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    Posts
    9,694
    Rep Power
    2390
    The rule for investing actual money into a business never changes: You must determine and KNOW where to invest, when to invest, and how much to invest. This is done through critical thinking, strategy development and business planning.

    If you cannot satisfy the where & when... do not even think about the how much. If you cannot approximate the amount you need to invest and/or you do not have the minimum amount available for success... DO NOT MAKE THE INVESTMENT.

    To do otherwise... you will just lose money.
    ...Never mistake activity for achievement...

    ...Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it....
    Benjamin Franklin
  8. #5
  9. Need a Phone Card?
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    378
    Rep Power
    25
    Originally Posted by vanillavintage
    Hi folks...just wondering..if I paid someone to do the SEO for me..what do you think would be the lowest cost per month? I realise that it can go up to 3000... but how low can it go and still be effective? Thanks.
    I'm affriad price would also be relative to the subject of your site... If you want to rank well for a local less competitive field like NJ Army Navy Supply then it could cost you as little as 100 to 300 dollars a month... if you are chasing a real competive market and want to rank well for a term like Viagra, then you can be sure it would cost you in the thousands per month.

    Comments on this post

    • EGOL agrees
    • JVRudnick agrees : or even tens of thousands a month....!
  10. #6
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    159
    Rep Power
    17
    Originally Posted by emmaonline
    I'm affriad price would also be relative to the subject of your site... If you want to rank well for a local less competitive field like NJ Army Navy Supply then it could cost you as little as 100 to 300 dollars a month... if you are chasing a real competive market and want to rank well for a term like Viagra, then you can be sure it would cost you in the thousands per month.
    More important, is for you to consider your ROI. What do you expect to get from your high ranking, how much will it affect your business and sales volume. Put some numbers there, and you'll get an idea first of how much maximum you can afford.

    Truly it doesn't matter how good the SEO is, if it cost you more than what you earn...

    Knowing that, you'll be able to make a more informed decision. Just consider, if your turnover would increase in millions (for example) for such exposure, then paying $xxxxx per month is drop in the water and well worth it.

    On the other hand if your expected increase in earning is only $500 for example, paying someone $700 is out of the question, and $300 still questionable.

    If you have any other question, don't hesitate to ask, I'm here to help.

    Nicolas Prudhon

    Comments on this post

    • EGOL agrees
  12. #7
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,208
    Rep Power
    254
    Just looking at Egols post on people taking your money. There is a lot of them out there. My friend has been desperate to get some publicity for his site. He tells me he gets regular emails, phone calls and letters from companies who claim they can help his business. I looked at one of them and they had a page rank of 2. I know everyone says take no notice of page rank. But would you employ someone who cant even attain a decent PR on their own site ?

    The problem people have when employing an SEO is knowing who is trying to rip them off and who will deliver the goods.

    I sent my friend to Garrythesubberguy as his was the only site I knew of from you guys on here.

    Comments on this post

    • EGOL agrees : They call me too (and send email)... about doing SEO on a site that I have worked for years. I tell them that they would stink it up.
  14. #8
  15. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0
    <All the same, I would still consider getting somebody low-cost as some of them are quite good>

    So..I need to find someone with a good reputation then? Thanks..
  16. #9
  17. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0
    <On the other hand if your expected increase in earning is only $500 for example, paying someone $700 is out of the question, and $300 still questionable.

    Nicolas Prudhon[/QUOTE]>

    It's like the chicken and the egg I suppose..I would need to do it myself for free until I was making enough money to pay someone else to do it...

    Thanks
  18. #10
  19. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0
    Very good answer Egol...I would be fighting a loosing battle with the amount of money that I have to spend then.

    If I do it myself would I have to resubmit every month??


    <
    Originally Posted by EGOL
    This is the right question....

    You have many choices... let's examine two...

    Imagine that you want to take a fort from the enemy. If you storm the fort with 5000 troops that should be more than enough to do the job.

    But, imagine that you lack courage and sent 5 troops today and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, and five troops the next day and they get cut down, .......

    get the idea?

    If your competitor gains 100 links per week and you gain 20 when will you catch them?

    Know thy enemy and know thyself....

    The question that you must ask the SEO is.... What will it take to beat them? If your SEO can't answer that question but is ready to spend $XXX per month then your SEO does not know the enemy or himself... he only knows that you have money.... and he will take your $XXX per month until you figure out that he doesn't know Jack.
    >
  20. #11
  21. No Profile Picture
    EGOL
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    9,763
    Rep Power
    2481
    When I started I didn't have enough money to pay for a good SEO... so I came here and asked questions... I also read lots of websites and bought some of the popular SEO ebooks.

    When I thought that my site was in good shape, I paid one of the top reputation people here to study my site and coach me through improving it by phone.

    Now I think that I can beat most of the SEOs who sell their services.

    Comments on this post

    • seomonkeymanocp agrees : Hell, you are the man to beat EGOL ;)
  22. #12
  23. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    If you havent got big budgets but you have time then my recommendation would be to do it all yourself

    Nobody knows your business as good as you do. If you have a low budget and you get someone to do it for you the content that they are going to provide you will be rubbish and the time they can actually spend on the site to improve your site will be minimal. So the answer should be invest in yourself.

    Do your own KW research using some of the great tools out there. Write your own quality text. Look for your own quality links if you can find them but dont get involved in any pyramid link building scheme as Google wont like that!

    Good Luck with your business!
  24. #13
  25. B afraid.. B very afraid!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    Posts
    9,694
    Rep Power
    2390
    Originally Posted by EGOL
    I think that I can beat most of the SEOs who sell their services.
    Without a doubt EGOL has become one of the most competent SEOs out there.
  26. #14
  27. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Palm Beach Gardens FL 33410
    Posts
    17,292
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by vanillavintage
    <All the same, I would still consider getting somebody low-cost as some of them are quite good>
    ..."In theory"!

    Originally Posted by vanillavintage
    So..I need to find someone with a good reputation then? Thanks..
    ...and that's the reality.

    I'm sure you can find a... "he who knows, and knows not that he knows... is asleep" ... so wake him and reap the rewards of your wildest dreams.

    But normally the search finds one of these two:

    "he who know not, and know not that he know not... is a fool" ...and you're a bigger fool for hiring them thinking your're saving a buck.

    "he who knows, and knows that he knows"... isn't expensive if you consider your return...

    What is your expected return on 100/month? [I sure hope you appreciate it's 0.00]

    What is your expected return on 3000/month? ...that depends on you doing your homework.
  28. #15
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,208
    Rep Power
    254
    EGOL agrees: They call me too (and send email)... about doing SEO on a site that I have worked for years. I tell them that they would stink it up.
    That made me smile. In fact it made me laugh, which is a first in the current month.

    I would have recommended you Egol but I dont know your company and I wondered if he would afford your fees with you being one of the top guys. The lad fits air conditioning and heat pumps in the UK. Self employed lad wanting to make a good living.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  • Jump to page:

Similar Threads

  1. Paying attention to not paying attention (AP)
    By RSS_News_User in forum Science News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Mar 20th, 2007, 05:03 PM
  2. Paying attention to not paying attention (AP)
    By RSS_News_User in forum Science News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Mar 19th, 2007, 09:03 PM
  3. Paying attention to not paying attention (AP)
    By RSS_News_User in forum Science News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Mar 19th, 2007, 03:03 PM
  4. Paying attention to not paying attention (AP)
    By RSS_News_User in forum Science News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Mar 19th, 2007, 02:03 PM

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo