1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Are Paid Blog Links Ok...? do they help?

I was very interested in whether paid blog postings with back links help PR and can you buy too many?
  3. SEO at Sea
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by justinx34
    I was very interested in whether paid blog postings with back links help PR and can you buy too many?
    First, if you are doing the paid blogging in an attempt to get PR, you are going about SEO the wrong way. There are hundreds of posts in the forums about how worthless PR is.

Some paid blogging links could be helpful in your rankings BUT, with the latest paid link issues with Google, I would be careful and very selective. There are better and more efficient ways to spend your money than on paid reviews. Some paid reviews though, johnchow.com might well be worth the money as far as a traffic point of view goes.

Can you buy too many? I don't think so. The links might not count a lot and if you are doing it for the purpose of ranking (read above). If you are doing it for traffic, the more the better right?

Comments on this post

• Noj : your drinking to much of the google coolaid for my liking.
    • Visio agrees : Google is watching blog link selling like a hawk lately... be careful!
  5. No Profile Picture
    Noj
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Yes paid blog posts help, and there are the hardest paid links for the search engines to spot.

Due to nature of blogs you see them give an intial boost, then fade as archived and then increase in usefulness as the archive ages.

As far as too many yes, sudden peaks in linking can harm rankings if deemed artifical.

7. SEO at Sea

Originally Posted by Noj
    Noj disagrees: your drinking to much of the google coolaid for my liking.
    Fair enough, care to be more specific?
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by jwatsonl
    First, if you are doing the paid blogging in an attempt to get PR, you are going about SEO the wrong way. There are hundreds of posts in the forums about how worthless PR is.

Some paid blogging links could be helpful in your rankings BUT, with the latest paid link issues with Google, I would be careful and very selective. There are better and more efficient ways to spend your money than on paid reviews. Some paid reviews though, johnchow.com might well be worth the money as far as a traffic point of view goes.

Can you buy too many? I don't think so. The links might not count a lot and if you are doing it for the purpose of ranking (read above). If you are doing it for traffic, the more the better right?
    So what is a better way to spend my money? ...as well as my time? I am rather new, but not brand new to SEO
  11. No Profile Picture

So what is a better way to spend my money? ...as well as my time? I am rather new, but not brand new to SEO
    I have spent 5000 dollars so far... is that a lot or little in comparison with the "real players"..?
  13. SEO at Sea

That depends on what your goals with the paid blogging is? I use paid blogging all the time but, I do it with specific goals in mind.

I think you could get much more bang for your buck paying to have some "link attracting" content written for example.
  15. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by jwatsonl
    That depends on what your goals with the paid blogging is? I use paid blogging all the time but, I do it with specific goals in mind.

I think you could get much more bang for your buck paying to have some "link attracting" content written for example.
    2 QUESTIONS

where / who is a good place to get link attracting content etc...?

and what are your specific goals when using paid blogs?
  17. SEO at Sea

2 QUESTIONS

where / who is a good place to get link attracting content etc...?

and what are your specific goals when using paid blogs?
    Question One: Well, LOL...that is a VERY good question. When you find out let me know.

Question Two: My goals when I do "most" of my paid blogging buys is to attract visitors to my site. For example, I mentioned johnchow.com earlier. If I bought a paid blog review / post from him it would be because he is in the same niche I am. If his readers are interested in his site, perhaps I can make them more interested in mine.

Lately, I've been buying generic blog posts to see how the new Live algo handles them.
  19. No Profile Picture

my rankings have improved a lot since my blog linking... i was planning on getitng a LOT more because now my traffic is over 700 a day (used to be 150)
    and my main concern was does Google think they are "bad" or would they ever penalize me for it...?
  21. Roll the dice.. and live
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

my rankings have improved a lot since my blog linking... i was planning on getitng a LOT more because now my traffic is over 700 a day (used to be 150)
    and my main concern was does Google think they are "bad" or would they ever penalize me for it...?
    As with every business decision its all about return on investment (ROI) and opportunity cost. You seem to answer your own question. They are working for you.. so they appear worth it. ie the ROI is greatter than the cost of the investment.

The second question is opportunity cost... What else could you spend that money on. The choices are almost limitless. My advice consider paying for some decent advice from one of the better SEOs that are members here. Develop a short, medium, and long term stratergy. I would think any of the members that sell SEO services with high rep levels could get you on the right parth for a few hours of there time. Much of the advice received on this board is a bit superfical and conflicting. You need to develop a targetted plan.

As for the specific topic of paid blog links. I cannot see in most circumstances how google could identify them as paid links. Do i think its the best way to spend you marketing/seo budget. No I don't.

This is the members list in reputation order members list Try contacting some of those higher rep members who sell seo services (they normally have link in signature and email adress in profile) see if they will sell you a few hours of there time. The ROI of this is likely to be much better than a piecemeal approach to SEO IMO.
    Live the moment
  23. Roll the dice.. and live
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by geeurbie
    Is it just me or what, but isn't Google the biggest seller of paid links ever! I am amazed that there hasn't been a major revolt on this issue. I also think its very interesting that the other search engines have been quite on this topic... Or did I miss it?
    Its google business... If you own a bulding and want to put ads in your window does that mean everyone esle should be able to paste ads on your wall. ie you do it so everyone else should be able to do it. If you as the building ownder decide to let another advertise on your building for free would you than be happy if they were selling advertising in the free ad you allowed?

Google belongs to google... They can do what they like...