1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

pages dropping from google index

Hi,
    One of My Site (3-4 months old) was given PR2 by google on 5th OCt 2004. My site had PR0 earlier. G had indexed almost 40 pages and it used to visit my site regularly and crawl 2 to 10 pages per visit. But google has stopped visiting my site since it got PR2.
    Also I get the "did not match any documents" page when I try to see the cached snapshot of page from google toolbar. The google toolbar still shows PR2.
    When I search in google with my sitename as keyword, I do see the list of indexed pages(decreased) but cant see the site Title, I can only see the URL's of those pages.
    Can anybody please tell me whats happening? Is my site being banned by google? How can I make google to visit my site.

Thanks & Regards,
    arjun200p
  3. http://tinyurl.com/cz56g
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

When was the last time you changed anything on that site? I mean, something major, not correcting a typo or anything.

It seems to me that a relatively new site has to gain backlinks steadily, and be updated regularly, to stay on the serps with Title and Snippet. Google appears to drop the others, as if they're trying to make room for the good stuff
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Thanks Wit,
    I havent done any changes to my site. Also My site doesnt have any back links as yet. My other sites (on the same server) are also as new as this one but they are not facing any problem. They too dont have any back links. G visits them daily. Being on the same server their are no links from one site to another :-(
    Any one facing such problems ? How can I make google to visit my site ?

Thanks & Regards,
    Nilesh.
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

The only way Google can find your site is by following links. Somewhere someone linked to you, causing Google to visit.

The most reasonable explanation for no more visits is that those links were removed.

Since your site is new with no links, you will be better off taking a look through the SEO FAQ and then come back with any specific questions you may have.