1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Page Rank Changed 2 times in last 4 days

Hi

I launched my website last week and saw that the page rank suddenly went to 4. Then next day page rank was 2. Now its 0.
    I dont know how page rank can get updated so quickly.
    My site is - expertvillagemedia dot com
    Last edited by amitevm; Mar 17th, 2012 at 05:37 PM.
  3. B afraid.. B very afraid!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    Your page rank on the Google TB is 0. If your site just launched... seeing anything but a PR0 without there being a PR TB update is some kind of an anomaly. Forget about the toolbar PR and focus on continued site development and your backlink profile.

Comments on this post

• EGOL agrees : Right... uninstall the toolbar!
    ...Never mistake activity for achievement...

...Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it....
    Benjamin Franklin
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

And even when you get more established, PR isn't making any sense these days (like a lot of things with Google) so it's best just to ignore it and like SEO_AM said, concentrate on good content and backlinks. Also, Google is concentrating on frequency of update these days so be consistent.

- Good luck!
  7. I will challenge anyone!

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about the toolbar. I think the toolbar crap should go away so nobody bothers with it anymore. Case in point I had a client of mine where he bought a PR 4 domain and we designed and put some good content on it, but then the toolbar went to PR 1, which I wasn't aware of, but believe me I had a not so good conversation by the client telling me I screwed his site up which he paid good money for and now it PR 1. I relayed to him that the toolbar is a joke, I didn't do anything wrong and PR is updated everyday, you cannot rely on the toolbar. Luckily for me the PR went back to 4 and he was happy, but case in point - screw the toolbar, it is inaccurate, PR is updated everyday and what the toolbar says is not accurate. Building good links is more important.
  9. No Profile Picture

me think it's happening to everyone but Ranked depend on your content if content is Awesome nd useful than no one stop you to getting rank,,,
  11. Online Business Builder
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by amitevm
    Hi

I launched my website last week and saw that the page rank suddenly went to 4. Then next day page rank was 2. Now its 0.
    I dont know how page rank can get updated so quickly.
    My site is - expertvillagemedia dot com
    haven't check your website but I am very much sure that the Google PR is not working like that. which tool do you use to check your pagerank?

sometime, due to slow internet or may be some other reasons, when you quickly navigate the tabs these tools are not being updated for current tab and showing previous tab's PR.
  13. No Profile Picture

page rank is changed according to the popularty of the web site. if people are visiting your site and using your services, this work take a span of time this will also be counted as the relevant site. so google will change the position in google index.

this is only one parameter on which i am discussing, instead of it there are some more guidelines on which google works.

recently google has changed his way of thinking as panda update. this is the changing of the algorithms.
  15. No Profile Picture

It sounds like your toolbar is playing up. Try another one - Firefox has heaps - at least one of them should give you the correct page rank reading.
  17. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by chiragparekh
    haven't check your website but I am very much sure that the Google PR is not working like that. which tool do you use to check your pagerank?

sometime, due to slow internet or may be some other reasons, when you quickly navigate the tabs these tools are not being updated for current tab and showing previous tab's PR.
    I checked on various online PR checker tools an all were showing same as my toolbar. Also, a great puzle I got after that, in my webmaster tools, I saw a site which is linking back to my site and it has pr4, it is using same coming soon wordpress theme which i was using at that time. I never made a link on that site then how it can give me backlink.. I was so confused..LOl
    tripsandtips dot net is the site which is giving me 100 backlinks
  19. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by chiragparekh

Also, can you give me a brief guideline to proceed in promotion of my site? I know basics and too much about all those techniques of link building like social bookmarking and article writings. Now google updated so much in his algo, so how can we proceed?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo