1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Page rank 6 vs PR 0 website????

hello everyone,

my wesbite is about video games and page rank of my website is 6. i want to put my link on another website which is also about video games. Page rank of that website is 0.

so i want to be sure that it will be good for my website as far as the ranking is concerned becasue the other website is also about video games and it is a one way link and that website owner is impressed by my website so he want to put link of my site on their website. but i need ur suggestions please...

and one thing more let suppose i also put link of that website on my site as reciprocal link so it will also good ?????
    thanks/.....
  3. Roll the dice.. and live
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by whitehatseo
    hello everyone,

my wesbite is about video games and page rank of my website is 6. i want to put my link on another website which is also about video games. Page rank of that website is 0.

so i want to be sure that it will be good for my website as far as the ranking is concerned becasue the other website is also about video games and it is a one way link and that website owner is impressed by my website so he want to put link of my site on their website. but i need ur suggestions please...

and one thing more let suppose i also put link of that website on my site as reciprocal link so it will also good ?????
    thanks/.....
    The main purpose of links is to create a web of relevant related sites.... An inward bound link can never hurt you. Google is not going to penalize you for something you have no control over. It is good to have related themed sites linking to you for many more reasons than pr.

as for the reciprical. IMO a link from his site with pr 0 probably wont do you to much in the serps now. But over time if his site gets establihed it may become be a good one way link. If you give him a recip the value of his oneway is going to be reduced (but it probably not worth that much anyway) therefore if his site is a quality site that you think visitors to you site will find value from I cant see you loosing anything of any real value by giving him a recip. If it results in your site becoming more of a hub or authority site it may help you in the longer run.

so my answer IMO is no his link cant hurt you and as to giving a recip to him if his site is quality is unlikely to cost you anything.
    Live the moment
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I would recommend not placing a link from your site just yet, this could effect the ranking so if you already have a PR 6 and knowing how tempremental Google is being at the moment I would steer clear of adding him in at this moment in time. However it will aid both him and yourself for his site to link to you, this shows Google that another site with relevent information is linking to you thus creating further inbound links for your site, and for the other chap would show Google that his site has relevency links to other sites of high PR.
    If this chap continues to grow his site, it wont be long before he starts gaing PR then you can link back.