1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Page Indexed -> Deleted, Page indexed but after one day deleted

Hello,

I got a small or maybe a big problem. 6 days ago I added a new page to my website, google indexed the page 2 days after I made the page. Got a position #4 for the keyword I made the page for. After one day the page was deleted from google (the rest of my website isn't), I changed that day the page to a better look for the visitors. 2 days ago google has indexed the page again (cache:websiteadres) but still the old cache BUT the position #4 for that keyword is gone (not even in the first 200 results). I didn't cheated or something else, its an 100% legal page, so I didn't do anything wrong. Googlebot is still crawling the page in the night (2:00), I'm waiting now for 4 days for the new cache.

My question is now:

If the new page is cached will the results will be good again like before? And is it normal that google first cached your page and after that it deletes it and after that the page will show up again but with bad results and old cache?

Thanks.

Joppe
  3. SEO Earthquake!
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Is your site sandboxed? This can make new additions jump up and then disappear. But what you are experiencing is not normal and my guess is that something else is going on.
    14th Colony: The hardest working websites online!

Looking for links? Join the Union and don't miss English Grammar rules, tips and explanations
  5. No Profile Picture

The website is online now for about 3 years and has a pagerank of 5. So I don't think its sandboxed.
  7. My SE ran out of Gas...
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

And is it normal that google first cached your page and after that it deletes it and after that the page will show up again
    Yes it is.
    IMHO when google find a new fresh content page inside an old site, smiles and give some boost at first time. And on another factors, sudenly it may persive you with a suspecious eye, and remove/drop you for sometimes. Regardless these drop your page is still performing - BLs/CTRs etc. - it will comeback in a better/same position. If your page is not, will come back in a down position.

So i don't think, at this stage need to worry that much, just wait for some more days. It will comeback.
    KICHUS - SEO KiD
    "Sooner or later, those who win are those who believe they can."
    • Virtue SEO - "a plan with the virtue of being practical"

SEO Consultant India
  9. No Profile Picture

Oké thats clear now, just need to wait.

Got one more question about the cache; the old cache is still in google but the NEW page isn't cached at all, and its now online for a week or something like that, why isn't google updating that? The robots can crawl easy the page I made.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Joppe
    Oké thats clear now, just need to wait.

Got one more question about the cache; the old cache is still in google but the NEW page isn't cached at all, and its now online for a week or something like that, why isn't google updating that? The robots can crawl easy the page I made.
    Joppe - Good question. I am seeing the cache page dated 12/04/2005 for one of my pages - now it shows the cache date 12/02/2005. Looking at my logs it does show the page being crawled.
  13. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

1) About the sudden climb & drop...
    Most probably the page received a boost first as fresh content on a already trusted site... but after that a filter / penality was applier (or simply the boost disapeared) and the site droped the position... I think you can estimate the position a page deserves just after a few weeks when things are settled (but not even than because the web is keep moving - you will gain/lose new BLs, and the visitors will move on too).

2) About the cache...
    Normally the cache will be changed next time Google crawls your page, but in some special situation this can be delayed... anyway I doubt there is anything you can do or what you should do... the problem will (probably) be corrected in the shortest time.

So for both problems: have patience
    Epureanu Bogdan On-line - my personal website
    Total IT Professional - my company website
    Midnight's angel - a website where i help people
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by totalit#051

So for both problems: have patience
    Patience is definitely a virtue with the search engines.
  17. No Profile Picture

Oké thanks for the quick answer. Lets wait