1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Organic results X Google AdWords

I`ve learned in all SEO books and here in this forum that Sponsored links has no relation with Organic results in Google.

However, I`m experiencing a strong relation with my organic results and my sponsored links with Google AdWords.

In One of the most competitve keywords in my business (62 millions results) my site alternates between page 1 and page 2 for organic results for Google.

For coincidence, I`m only on page 1 when my ads are runing (until my budget is finished for the day). Whenever I reach my budget, my site goes to page 2.

Does anyone have any experience like this or can explain if there is really no relation between Organic and paid search results?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I could not understand this. At least it is not happening with my website.
    To my experience, the ranking of a page does not change a lot within a day. What you are saying is for first part of a day, your page on page 1 and then second half (budget overdue) your page drops to page 2?
  5. Live and Learn!
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Originally Posted by cchalom
    I`ve learned in all SEO books and here in this forum that Sponsored links has no relation with Organic results in Google.

However, I`m experiencing a strong relation with my organic results and my sponsored links with Google AdWords.

In One of the most competitve keywords in my business (62 millions results) my site alternates between page 1 and page 2 for organic results for Google.

For coincidence, I`m only on page 1 when my ads are runing (until my budget is finished for the day). Whenever I reach my budget, my site goes to page 2.

Does anyone have any experience like this or can explain if there is really no relation between Organic and paid search results?
    Have you tried turning off your adwords for one day to see if you move to page 1?
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

i have had the opposite where my site went up in serps when I stopped adwords. Just coincidence so cause there is no correlation between the two!
  9. Angel down from Heaven
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

My friend tells me based on his experience that when you get lower quality score in adwords it will also affect your rankings. That's why he advise to create different landing page for adwords using other domain.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

There is not suppose to be a corolation between organic and advertising on Google, and I have not seen one. I'd be interesting to hear if others have conducted tests and seen a corolation.
  13. No Profile Picture

Thank you all for your comments.

Just to make clear, this situation has been happening for 1 week.

My quality score for Google AdWords is very high. My average position for Google AdWords is 1.5 and this is a very competitive keyword (with more than 30 ads for the same keyword).

For the organic search, whenever I`m on page 1, it`s on position 7 or 8. When it goes back to page 2, I`m on position 13 or 12.

I haven`t tried to turn off my AdWords campagn yet. I will try to do this tomorrow and I will post the results over here.

Regarding the fact of a great variation of the SERP results for this keyword in the same day I`ve seen this before with other highly competitive keywords.

I believe this is a very important issue as Google claims there is no relation between AdWords and organic results.
  15. No Profile Picture

I disable my AdWords campaign last Thursday and since then I`m back to page 2 (all day long)....
  17. shuffle up and deal
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Where your site appears in the natural listing has ZERO effect on where your site ranks in the natural listing.. PERIOD
  19. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by lewisdb
    Where your site appears in the natural listing has ZERO effect on where your site ranks in the natural listing.. PERIOD
    that's also what I learned in all books and SEO courses I did. However, you must admit it's very strange that my organic results suddenly change when my ads are not running. Please understand I'm not mentioning all my ads but only those related to a specific keyword, which has more than 42 millions results (highly competitive). I just want to know if someone else is experiencing something like this.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Noj
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

I am prone to agree with lewis, the general industry perception is that there is no correlation between adwords and natural listings.

If you believe you are seeing differing results based on experiences, it has been suggested before but no good evidence has ever been produced to my mind

My gut feeling is that you seeing different data centers timing in and out at different times and that is having the effect.

But please if you try switch add words off and on over a period of time and see these results maintaining it would be a vrey interesting case study.

Originally Posted by cchalom
    that's also what I learned in all books and SEO courses I did. However, you must admit it's very strange that my organic results suddenly change when my ads are not running. Please understand I'm not mentioning all my ads but only those related to a specific keyword, which has more than 42 millions results (highly competitive). I just want to know if someone else is experiencing something like this.