1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Optimizing keyword with medium competition

Hello,

I have a website among many in my site pool. site url is restoretdotnet. currently i am looking to optimize for medium competition keyword "norton ghost" and "alternate to norton ghost. Optimizing these keyword would bring great amount of traffic. Although over last week i have taken some steps like creating content ,inserting keyword in title tag. I do understand it would take big effort and time.Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by grgmathew; Nov 25th, 2012 at 06:13 AM.
  3. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

Links links and more links! Unless you are looking at low competition keywords you will need to get some links pointing to your content.

You can change the internal linking structure of your site somewhat so that more of a focus and weight is given to this new content and pages that fall under this topic, however, what will be most beneficial is links to your content from related sources.

You are right that it will take some time, as links gain progressively more weight the longer they have been in place.
  5. justificational oblivion

Although as the user above suggested, links are important but I did want to mention not to neglect the onpage optimization, it does help and since you're not live yet, planning this out properly will save you tons grief later on.

I would have a bunch of pages about [norton] (company) [norton ghost] (product, [norton ghost alternates] product alternate, etc, etc, (don't forget about informational pages)....not to be corny but invest in good copy writing and optimize for secondary variations on those pages as well. Another easy win would be to carefully plan the internal linking strategy for this section of the site.

Originally Posted by grgmathew
    Hello,

I have a website among many in my site pool. site url is restoretdotnet. currently i am looking to optimize for medium competition keyword "norton ghost" and "alternate to norton ghost. Optimizing these keyword would bring great amount of traffic. Although over last week i have taken some steps like creating content ,inserting keyword in title tag. I do understand it would take big effort and time.Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by whiterabbit
    it does help and since you're not live yet, planning this out properly will save you tons grief later on.
    My site is LIVE from last six months. and the url is restoret dot net.

So you all mean that linking back to my site or pages and having bulk content would lift the ranking for that specific keyword.
    Last edited by grgmathew; Nov 26th, 2012 at 02:30 AM.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Any more suggestion would really help me.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

One more thing I would add over here. I had been receiving quite a few emails where webmaster requesting for link exchange. Most recently I received from some one into seo and web development business with PR 3 and they are willing to give me the homepage link in the side bar. As you all would know, we are into software selling. So will it be viable to exchange link from them that too with the title or anchor of my choice.

I believe this may help in my cause of creating link to my page for keyword optimization.