1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

optimizing with the header and footer?

I have a header and footer that appears in every page. After adding up all the alt tags and anchor text where it would be appropriate to put the home page title (5 words long), it would show up like 5 times comined in the header and footer, plus more in the body of most pages.

Instead I opted to vary the meta information, alt tags, and anchor text - yet all relevant related words, sometimes arranged different, partial phrase, etc - on each page, so it doesn't show up so much page after page after page.

I don't want to risk getting a kw stuffing penalty, but then again I don't want to dilute it if it's not too much.

To be exact, for example on the home page the risk-of-being-too-much:

The same 5 word phrase would appear in:

title tags
    meta keywords
    meta description
    3 alt tags in the header
    1 h1 tag
    1 footer anchor text

I have changed it so that they are all not the exact phrase, but rather shared words, shared 1-2 word phrases.

What do you think?
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I think that the things that you are doing are correct. Most search engines and especially google are becomming VERY sensitive to keyword density and as soon as google for example detects the keywords that you are targeting it will probably penalize you for them. Stick with that type of on page optimization and concentrate more on getting a constant flow of rlevant high PR links and you'll be just fine.
    Last edited by HostingForSEO; Jul 30th, 2005 at 05:09 AM.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo