1. No Profile Picture
    JLM
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Optimised for Google... but no results at all

I have been optimising my site for google over the last week or so, but having just searched on a keyphrase I find that I am not listed.

My site has been up several months, although I've only recently start work on optimising it.

I setup a sitemap.xml and registered it in google sitemaps on 22 March, and according to the sitemaps website it was last dowloaded 10 hours ago.

So google has a full up to date sitemap, and is spidering my site - Why isn't anything happening?

I searched on "ribbed condoms" on google.co.uk and got 964,000 results. Only the first 509 were displayed, the others being 'similar results'.

Now I don't expect my site to rush to the top, but my site is not even listed in the first 509...

Also in google sitemaps/stats/Top search queries there is only one search phrase listed and that was there as soon as I first uploaded the sitemap.xml (ie. BEFORE I uploaded the sitemap and started optimising)...

btw. that one page that is listed is the homepage. The other pages are dymanic so aren't spidered - but I have used mod rewrites and used these rewrites in the sitemap. Could that be causing a problem? or is it a time thing?
    Last edited by JLM; Apr 3rd, 2006 at 07:56 AM.