1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Officially: Anyone Get PR Updated Yet?

So another BL update is certainly working its way through the datacenters...but has anyone seen anything in terms of PR?

My official stance is BL update...but NO PR =(
  3. text analyser

nothing new for now
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Yeah I don't see a PR update either. According to my digitalpoint check today, it was a minor day for movement as well.
  7. Master of the cave
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Cool

Don't bother asking... if there was a PR update, the forum would be flooded with posts about it.

Usual crappy backlink update, nothing else
    Need some free backlinks for your site? Check this out!
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

we got a decent bump up in backlinks but no change in PR.
  11. Contributing User

None here also. I'm starting think they will omit the bar for now.
  13. Contributing User

Sad to say

Sad to say I see a sight for which I consult has a decline in pagerank showing on toolbar. DigitalPoint tool showed same ole same ole this morning but Google Directory shows a drop.

Shannon
  15. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

If you think about it all google has to do is ice the PR update for about 6 months and that cuases a lot of under financed SEO's to drop out, and also Link sellers and brokers are put in tough spots
    My Name is Balthazar and I approve this sig...

Want to advertise, call my expert website promotion company for help.
    See how I eliminated 50,000 in credit card debt in 6 months without consolidation.

The Ultimate Non-Reciprocal Link Exchange Stop buying expensive links!
  17. G-Blows

If you think about it all google has to do is ice the PR update for about 6 months and that cuases a lot of under financed SEO's to drop out, and also Link sellers and brokers are put in tough spots
    Not to mention new sites struggle to stay online, because lets face it Google weighs backward links and the anchor text fairly high when calculating serp placement. I don't care what anyone says, it is difficult obtaining a steady flow of weighted links when your sitting on PR0 for 6 months or more.

It seems even Googles backlink update and the use of the link: operator have gone to the pack making using/optimizing for the engine like cutting your grass. (you really couldnt be bothered doing it, but it just has to be done).

As for any of my sites receiving a PR update, i really wouldnt have a clue sorry. The toolbars gone months ago, however if i log on and see hundreds of posts proclaiming PR changes i will check with one of the many partially redundant online PR tools.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I'm seriously starting to think that the only solution is to sell your soul to the PageRank Devil...I mean jezzzz...heading into 90 days. The only logical conclusion I have is that they are driving people towards their advertising...that is the ONLY thing that makes sense.
  21. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

backlink update

If the PR is not getting update is this mean that the backlinks will not get updated as well?

I have a new web site with PR0 and I exchanged links with many PR5-7+ web sites but for
    2 weeks now I don't see any change in backlinks to my domain.
  23. http://tinyurl.com/cz56g
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Don't use the link:mydomain.org query. Look for "+mydomain.org" instead. It's not perfect (see also lots of other threads), but it shows more of your (inbound) links. There have been a couple of BL updates lately. Even link: shows more that a week and a half ago.

Could be another update in a week's time, looking at current rate of change. Be patient for just a little longer...

BTW, welcome to the forum.
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

If you think about it all google has to do is ice the PR update for about 6 months and that cuases a lot of under financed SEO's to drop out, and also Link sellers and brokers are put in tough spots.
    I believe this is actually the correct idea. Expanding further, google is now doing this to fostering the idea that if a pages content is really good, then people will link to it anyway, which by the way was the real idea in the beginning. Someone who is evaluating whether a website's or page's content is good and worthwhile for it's visitors or customers, thus worthy of a link doesn't really care if it has pagerank or not. If someone won't link to you because you have no pagerank or because of your pagerank isn't high enough, then they aren't really linking for the right reason in googles eye. If now PR is stopping you from getting links, then maybe it your content that is not worthwhile because if your content is good, then people should link to you regardless. This line of thought goes directly back to causing the situation that Balthazer mentioned in his post.

Now before you jump on me saying that your content is worthwhile, just think about if PR didn't exist, why else would someone link to you and why else would you link to someone else. If PR is the deciding factor, then maybe you wouldn't have linked to each other in the first place if it didn't exist.

Further, Google right now is only showing low PR pages with it backlinks function, thus making it hard for people to PR hunt by looking at their competitors and then chasing a competitors high ranking link exchanges or by being able to easily evaluate where someones PR is coming from and then copy it.

A couple of thoughts tho:

If they are no longer assigning PR because of the above, shouldn't everyone have no visible PR (i.e. toolbar) to make the playing field level.

Also if this is the whole idea, then whats the point of the so called "Sandbox Effect".
  27. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

It looks like a great opportunity for msn, teoma, or gigablast to come out with a toolbar that includes a pagerank-like calculation. If anything, it will create a good amount of buzz about them across the net.