1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Now you see it now you don't

Having struggled and worked extremely hard for 18 months to get my site ranked high on Google for very competetive keywords with no real success (and consequently spending more than I can afford on Adwords to compensate) I now don't know whether to sigh with relief or cry, for over the last 3 days I have seen my site ranked #2, 5, 10, 20 etc with these keywords but later when I try again, nothing!! and then later or the next day there I am again for a short time. Having checked MSN my site is magically there every time but was not before. I am no seo expert by any means so need help and some sort of explanation from you guys out there, is it something to do with 'datacentres' by the way, I can be upstairs at home on my laptop and see great results yet downstairs within seconds, on my pc nothing or visa-versa.
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Yes we are in a update at this time, so you will see the results change. Check here to see how its looking across the board > http://www.mcdar.net/dance/index.php
    wazza wazza.. boom boom... something something... SEO!

Before you build your next website read this bog!
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by l3vi
    Yes we are in a update at this time, so you will see the results change. Check here to see how its looking across the board > http://www.mcdar.net/dance/index.php
    thanks for that, interesting and variable info coming from the link you provided, still gobbledeygook for me though, what I really need to know is will my site retain it's new found heights after the dance or disappear back into oblivion. If it stays then I must have done something right, by accident probably but would love to know what it was so I can repeat the process.
  7. Roll the dice.. and live
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by eddie
    thanks for that, interesting and variable info coming from the link you provided, still gobbledeygook for me though, what I really need to know is will my site retain it's new found heights after the dance or disappear back into oblivion. If it stays then I must have done something right, by accident probably but would love to know what it was so I can repeat the process.
    No one really knows... It appears there are between about 18 up to 32 dcs showing different results that have many newer sites pages doing well (including mine) we all hoping that these pages will eventually propogate across all google data centres. some others think this is a goole experiment and these new results will dissapear.

It been happening since about april its gone down to as few as 2 dcs and up to about 36. it was 32 this morning.

I am really hoping it lasts and propigates

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo