1. <-- No I am not Kermit
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Now what... XML Sitemap, Google, and others

Okay, I've created an XML sitemap for Google to see, submitted it to Google Sitemaps (https://www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/login), and Google reported the status of it as 'OK'. But, my sitemap (www.nationwidejustice.com/sitemap.xml) doesn't have any viewable content, but is, based on what Google's sitemap info page said, designed to provide links/urls of your site for Google to follow to find all the site easier.

Now, how do I point other search engines (and Google in the future) to find and use this sitemap? Do I put an link to it on my site (although it's not really viewable by a person)?

Please help.
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Google already knows where it is, since you submitted it. No need to link to it.

No other search engines currently use this format, so at the moment, it would be pointless to link to it for their sake. In the future, they may decide to use it, and at that time, they'll probably have a submission procedure similar to Google's. In other words, you've done all you can for now.
  5. <-- No I am not Kermit

Originally Posted by dazzlindonna
    Google already knows where it is, since you submitted it. No need to link to it.

No other search engines currently use this format, so at the moment, it would be pointless to link to it for their sake. In the future, they may decide to use it, and at that time, they'll probably have a submission procedure similar to Google's. In other words, you've done all you can for now.
    Will having this actually help my site... even if just in theory?
  7. <- Have you read my blog?

Well, I think the better question would be 'can doing this hurt your website?;" I'm pretty sure the answer would be no, it cannot hurt.

As long as you are trying your hardest to provide the best quality that you can, and being very user-centric, you will do well, very well indeed.

www.Three-Way-Links.com - Amazing way to increase your rank with Google - trading three way links!
    Free Online Games - free online games - what else could you want?
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

It can't hurt, that's for sure.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo