Thread: Is this normal?

1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Is this normal?

Hi,

I have a website mmorpg-finder dot com for about 6 months with only 10 pages of content (been busy with other stuff)

within the last 20 days i wrote about 15 pages of content, about 5 of these should be ranking on the first page of google, they are long tail targeted with little competition.

The problem is that they were ranking on first page in 5-10 position and 3 days ago all ranking droppped to nowhere. Ranking even dropped for "mmorpg finder" which i had for a couple of months on page 1.

i have done a couple of reciprocal links in the last couple of weeks, some comments posting, digg submission and that is all.

i also did some changes to the layout of site, css and so on, but no changes to content that was there already and no changes to any internal linking

so does this dropping of all ranks happen for a couple of days for websites that have undergone some change?
  3. Angel down from Heaven
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by pupkevicus
    Hi,

I have a website mmorpg-finder dot com for about 6 months with only 10 pages of content (been busy with other stuff)

within the last 20 days i wrote about 15 pages of content, about 5 of these should be ranking on the first page of google, they are long tail targeted with little competition.

The problem is that they were ranking on first page in 5-10 position and 3 days ago all ranking droppped to nowhere. Ranking even dropped for "mmorpg finder" which i had for a couple of months on page 1.

i have done a couple of reciprocal links in the last couple of weeks, some comments posting, digg submission and that is all.

i also did some changes to the layout of site, css and so on, but no changes to content that was there already and no changes to any internal linking

so does this dropping of all ranks happen for a couple of days for websites that have undergone some change?

It could be the effect of google frequently update.