1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Noobie Question : Search engine spiders not hitting my keywords?

Hello everyone I am new to this website and was hoping I could find some assistance here with a problem I am having with my website I have been working on.

the keywords I am trying to hit with the site is "earn money through internet" I also have included those keywords in my domain but it is actually "earnmoneythroughtheinternet . com"

so i figure ..put the keywords in the domain name...and monetize the website based on those keywords and build as many relevant back links as I can.

I usually search scroogle.org to see where I am at in the rankings for my keywords. I noticed when I search "earn money through internet" I am no where to be found in the results and websites with 0 content and 0 back links are still in the top 200.

So I search "earn money through the internet" this time and see my website is sitting at #47 or something like that. I look at all the highlighted words in my text preview to see what keywords I am hitting and for some reason the search engine spiders are only recognizing "earn money through the" as my keywords and it is not counting "internet" which is the most important keyword.

What do I have to do in order to get the word "internet" part of my keywords? If you look at my site you will see I use that word a billion times and it is in my domain name.

Any helpfull thoughts? Thank you.
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

the word internet in the domain name isn't the golden goose..You need a lot more to come up under the key word phrase your looking for.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

1) Google will supress your rankings for six months due to sandbox policy
    2) You have not mentioned domain age
    3) You have not mentioned quality and quantity of backlinks.
    4) You have not mentioned competition of terms

Also for any change in search engine rankings you must not check before say 30 days. It takes 1-2 months for ranking changes.

Also rankings never change overnight. To reach from 0-100 it always goes in steps.
  7. No Profile Picture

I see. That makes sense for sure. I guess it does take time for your website to get ranked in google properly.

My website is about a month and a half old.
    I have about 200~ back links right now
    Couple PR: 3
    Competition: Eh..a couple of websites with the keywords in the domain hitting the top 10 but I think with enough content + back links and time I could over throw them. Think its worth it? Those words get searched 10k a month.

@ Test-Ok : So do you think it would be wise for me to start from scratch and get some new keywords that don't involve the word "internet"? Or should I fight for my keywords by back linking and adding the keywords into new post on my site everyday?
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I'm breaking my head promoting my website for past 8 months.
    IF you have plenty of money you can buy backlinks that'll give you pretty start.