1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Unhappy No Rankings For The Keyword I'm Focusing On..

Hello everyone ,
    I'm Usman and I live in Pakistan. I'm not much of an expert in SEO. I've made a website for which I'm focusing on a short-tail keyword. Today when I tracked for where I rank for this particular keyword using an online tool, it showed that I have 0 position which means that I'm not getting ranked for the first 1,000 positions in the Google SERPs for this particular keyword i.e when I type "recover depression" in the Google Search, my website isn't listed anywhere for this keyword. My website was ranking in the 600th position recently i.e on the 60th page of the Google for this keyword lol but then I messed up with Fetch as Google option in the webmaster tools and then my website was excluded even from the 60th page and now my website isn't ranking anywhere for this keyword. Please tell me how can I get my website rank for this short-tail keyword in the Google SERPs ? I'm already focusing on for building backlinks etc but I have no idea how will I rank for this keyword..

Thanks & Regards,
    Usman.
    Last edited by usman86; Nov 9th, 2012 at 04:17 AM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by usman86
    Hello everyone ,
    I'm Usman and I live in Pakistan. I'm not much of an expert in SEO. I've made a website for which I'm focusing on a short-tail keyword. Today when I tracked for where I rank for this particular keyword using an online tool, it showed that I have 0 position which means that I'm not getting ranked for the first 1,000 positions in the Google SERPs for this particular keyword i.e when I type "recover depression" in the Google Search, my website isn't listed anywhere for this keyword. My website was ranking in the 600th position recently i.e on the 60th page of the Google for this keyword lol but then I messed up with Fetch as Google option in the webmaster tools and then my website was excluded even from the 60th page and now my website isn't ranking anywhere for this keyword. Please tell me how can I get my website rank for this short-tail keyword in the Google SERPs ? I'm already focusing on for building backlinks etc but I have no idea how will I rank for this keyword..

Thanks & Regards,
    Usman.
    Dear Usman. Please type your page title with quotes in Google to see if you page has not been banned. If that works try to see how many of your pages Google has indexed. You can check this with site:yoursite.com and in Google Webmaster Tools. It does not make a difference whether you are on 60th page or 100th page no one will bother to go that far to see your page. If you have engaging content than you have to focus on building links in related niches. If it links that give wings to your content allowing it to fly over your competitors' sites onto the first three or four pages where all the action is.
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

The fabled position 0. So many have tried and failed, but Usman from Pakistan looks like the first to reach this promised land.

Stop link building, stop doing SEO, then you should rank.
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by jimmyn
    The fabled position 0. So many have tried and failed, but Usman from Pakistan looks like the first to reach this promised land.

Stop link building, stop doing SEO, then you should rank.
    Nice troll dude.
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by johnfambrini
    Dear Usman. Please type your page title with quotes in Google to see if you page has not been banned. If that works try to see how many of your pages Google has indexed. You can check this with site:yoursite.com and in Google Webmaster Tools. It does not make a difference whether you are on 60th page or 100th page no one will bother to go that far to see your page. If you have engaging content than you have to focus on building links in related niches. If it links that give wings to your content allowing it to fly over your competitors' sites onto the first three or four pages where all the action is.
    Thanks for your reply, I just checked my page title with quotes in Google and it's showing up. In the Google Webmaster's, it shows that it has indexed 161 pages but when I do the site:url.com it only shows 11 pages which becomes a total of 110 pages. Anyways, of what I think is I should start building quality backlinks from the related niches. My website is actually focusing on informational keywords. So you mean If I create quality backlinks then Google will automatically rank me in the first 2-3 pages for that keyword ?