1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

No longer ranked for important previously ranked keywords

My site: levinesegev-dot-com

Our site has apparently been severely penalized by Google for most keywords we consider important (for example: our site used to rank around 25 fo "real estate attorney denver" and now is not ranked at all; "denver real estate lawyer" used to rank around 20, and now not ranked at all; "real estate lawyer denver" used to rank around 25 and now not ranked at all; "real estate attorney denver co" used to rank around 10, and now around 20. A good number of other terms that used to rank reasonably well no longer rank and not even one term (that I know of) increased its rank.) In the past three weeks, or so, our SERPs worsened, improved, and then worsened again. In the past couple of weeks we have made some minor changes to the content of our site (but I am pretty sure that the drop in the SERPs preceded these changes). Our site contains no hidden links or keywords (nor has it ever contained hidden links or keywords); we have never been involved in illegal backlink schemes; and we have never purchased backlinks (but we did pay for human review in submission to web directories).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
  3. Banned
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by mraviver

Our site has apparently been severely penalized by Google for most keywords we consider important (for example: our site used to rank around 25 fo "real estate attorney denver" and now is not ranked at all; "denver real estate lawyer" used to rank around 20, and now not ranked at all; "real estate lawyer denver" used to rank around 25 and now not ranked at all; "real estate attorney denver co" used to rank around 10, and now around 20. A good number of other terms that used to rank reasonably well no longer rank and not even one term (that I know of) increased its rank.) In the past three weeks, or so, our SERPs worsened, improved, and then worsened again. In the past couple of weeks we have made some minor changes to the content of our site (but I am pretty sure that the drop in the SERPs preceded these changes). Our site contains no hidden links or keywords (nor has it ever contained hidden links or keywords); we have never been involved in illegal backlink schemes; and we have never purchased backlinks (but we did pay for human review in submission to web directories).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
    - check your content, its unique or duplicate.
    - check your all backlinks(submissions), they are on legal pages or not, are they hurting you?, if they are quality or rubbish?
    - review how quick is submissions done/going on, GOOD SEO needs time and patience.

-Ishu

Comments on this post

• seo4romhell agrees
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by mraviver

Our site has apparently been severely penalized by Google for most keywords we consider important (for example: our site used to rank around 25 fo "real estate attorney denver" and now is not ranked at all; "denver real estate lawyer" used to rank around 20,..(snip)
    Hello,

Just checked your site with Google.
    denver real estate lawyer, comes in at 34 (and #4 in the 7pack)
    real estate attorney denver, is 28
    So they're down a bit, but not gone.

A few things I noticed:

1) meta keywords: a long list of words not found in the text body, you might want to trim or get rid of entirely.

2) On the blog page: a list of "do-follow" links to various pages that may or may not be related to your site. Why are they there?

3) Not much content on the home page. For example you are trying to rank for denver real estate lawyer, but the phrase "denver real estate" doesn't appear on the page.

Regards,

Doug
  7. Roll the dice.. and live
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Most of those things mentioned so far will not make any difference and would not be the reason for your drop.

Metas do nothing at all. Duplicate content gets dropped altogether and not just reduced in rankings. Useless links are just useless and do not hurt you.

Your site has very few unique links. Even less useful ones. i see your site copyright info says 2009 so I assume the site is fairley new. You may have been experiencing the 'new site boost effect' which has now worn of. Having said that coming number 20 is of almost equal little use as comming number 200.

My advice is start learning about how to get decent links. Those directory links are of little value. You will not recover and improve your SERPs by tweeking onsite factors. You need more link juice!
    Live the moment