Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

No pr,no backlink,but top 3!

jerseysmvpshop.com this website is curious.....
    domain registed at 2010.7.2,only 20 days ago!
    and no pr,only a little blog spam links.
    but when you search "nfl jerseys",this high competition keywords,this website is at top 3.
    how could this happened?
    anyone who can tell me what he did to google?

many thanks!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

yes I check your website there is about 1500 pages is index in Google so I think its huge no of pages is beneficial for ranking
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Found 290 backlinks found in Yahoo Site Explorer (excluding internal linking): mostly spinning spammy articles on blogs.

Might work well on the short term, but I wonder how long this site will stay on the first page without improving its linking strategy.

Comments on this post

• PhilipSEO agrees
    SEO for the dummies
    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” — Groucho Marx.
  7. Agency SEO
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Google honeymoon IMO. his link profile is fugly.

Comments on this post

• Keiros agrees
    • SEOTyler agrees
    • JVRudnick agrees : re:"fugly?" LOL...love that lad! ;-))))
    Last edited by KernelPanic; Jul 23rd, 2010 at 09:33 AM.
  9. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    Google honeymoon
    This is the affect of new sites populating to the top of the list while being 'evaluated' and indexed, correct?

It's my understanding it's just a place holder while google calculates the appropriate position. Could you confirm/explain please?
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by joshz
    This is the affect of new sites populating to the top of the list while being 'evaluated' and indexed, correct?

It's my understanding it's just a place holder while google calculates the appropriate position. Could you confirm/explain please?
    no i don't think so.

you guys can also check jerseyscom.com.

same website,and have a good rank too.

i am wondering if they use somthing blackhat measure to cheat google?like 301 redirects?
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by jacoob
    no i don't think so.

you guys can also check jerseyscom.com.

same website,and have a good rank too.

i am wondering if they use somthing blackhat measure to cheat google?like 301 redirects?
    Heheh, I dunno, they must be getting excellent link juice from SAILORMOONXXX.COM.

Kind of pathetic really. I'm definitely adding this site to google alerts. I want to see what they're up to.
  15. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by SEOTyler
    Heheh, I dunno, they must be getting excellent link juice from SAILORMOONXXX.COM.

Kind of pathetic really. I'm definitely adding this site to google alerts. I want to see what they're up to.
    if you got somthing,share we please
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I guess this might be because of the temporary ranking. Once Google has finished estimating the page value, then the ranking may drop to so many pages.
  19. Raghvendra Tripathi

Originally Posted by jacoob
    jerseysmvpshop.com this website is curious.....
    domain registed at 2010.7.2,only 20 days ago!
    and no pr,only a little blog spam links.
    but when you search "nfl jerseys",this high competition keywords,this website is at top 3.
    how could this happened?
    anyone who can tell me what he did to google?

many thanks!
    I am getting this message when clicked on the URL Service Unavailable
    Competing on Internet require something more than a website and that is Search Engine Optimization :

Raghvendra Tripathi ( Not About SEO)
  21. Traffic drop sleuth. :)
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Yeah, me too...when I click on it I get "Bad request (Invalid Hostname)"

The site comes up #3 when I search on Google.com but is nowhere in sight for Google.ca. Interesting.
    THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO UNNATURAL LINKS RECOVERY by Dr. Marie Haynes.
    Click here to sign up for my Google Penalty Newsletter.
    Traffic Drop Audits. and Unnatural links penalty recovery help.
  23. Busting SEOChat Spammers!

Yes thats correct mate. Did you want some info on this or was you asking if thats what has happened to the site in question on this thread?

Just a little bit from a google thread for those that dont know the honeymoon term (search "google honeymoon period" to find more):
    honeymoon period - new sites get a little bump in search results so they get some exposure (ie hopefully get some links) if they dont get them after a while they slip to more natural position in serps.
    Last edited by 1-Clan; Jul 26th, 2010 at 09:19 AM.
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  25. SEO Consultant

Originally Posted by 1-Clan
    Yes thats correct mate. Did you want some info on this or was you asking if thats what has happened to the site in question on this thread?
    Oh, no. Just was curious in the meaning and context. That's all. Thanks!
  27. Busting SEOChat Spammers!

Oh, no. Just was curious in the meaning and context. That's all. Thanks!
    Kl just thought I would ask as its a strang sounding term for SEO if you ask me and wasnt sure if you know what Panic meant. I edited my post anyways with a little quote from a guy on google webmaster site
  29. <=NaomiFan too!

Yes... but not really.

Google 'know' very quickly where the site should 'fit in' to their index - it is just an algorithm after all - and where it should fit will not be very high at all, as links are the main 'decider' and new sites and content will probably not have any.

What this 'honeymoon period' seems to be is an 'unnatural' boost - above where it should fit in to the SERPS - it seems that this is basically to give new sites/new content a bit of extra exposure, therefore giving it the opportunity to gain natural backlinks.

The outcome of it is that after an initial period, if the site has not gained enough value (links) it will drop back down to it's natural place.

It seems to be a solution (or at least an attempt to find a solution) to the big guys just getting bigger and fresh (arguably more relevant) sites not getting a look-in.

I'm sure that there are other benefits to this 'honeymoon period' such as giving exposure to 'breaking news' etc. but the theory above (I'm pretty sure) is the main one... but I'm very open to correction .
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo