1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

No.31 Yahoo, No.15 MSN, Not placed in G..Why?

Just got a update of PR3 from PR0.

Keywords search for my site (singapore jobs)
    yahoo: ranked 31
    MSN: ranked 15
    Google: not placed

Other keywords search;
    yahoo : ranked ranges from 5-50
    MSN : ranked ranges from 3-50
    Google : not placed ( I have searched using at least 30 different sets of keywords; using digital keyword tracker)

I am just not placed in any keyword search for G

Can anyone tell me why?
    I have check with G and they say this site is not blacklisted.

One additional question, it seems that google (SERP) favour webpages that uses basic html or php
    as compared to those which uses asp or asp.net ; Is this true?

site at www. classijob.com
  3. Unclassified
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

This appears to be a relatively new site as your domain was only registered on 2004-04-21.

Read this http://www.seochat.com/c/a/Google/Th...Place-to-Play/ and then search for other threads on this forum about the sandbox effect. Will probably answer your question.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

You need more links with anchor text - oh, and time...
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by seobird
    One additional question, it seems that google (SERP) favour webpages that uses basic html or php
    as compared to those which uses asp or asp.net ; Is this true?
    No, it's not true. However, having dynamic pages with lots of varying parameters in the URL hurts your serps.
  9. No Profile Picture
    User Contributor

Do you have people linking to you? If you use digital point keyword tracker, try tracking a word phrase that nobody else uses like "supercharged ants invade paper clips"

put that on your homepage, and see if google has you listed in a few days...
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Too late for that term. SEO chat will be #1 in a day or so for that one.

Google is slower at listing new sites; it almost seems as though its easier to make 1 huge site these days, then to have multiple smaller niche sites, which used to be easier to rank.
  13. Contributing User

get more backlinks

I personally do not suscribe to the "sandbox" theory. What I do know is that google factors in backlink factors much more than yahoo or MSN.

Google looks at factors like the amount of backlinks for a given url and the potency of those backlinks (in terms of PR). Examine the top 10 sites for your target search terms (singapore jobs) take a look at how many backlinks are indexed in Yahoo for those top sites (do a link: command in yahoo search). Also, examine the nature of those backlinks. Are they mostly reciprocal links, are they directory links, are they homepage links from sites with high PR, are they links from interior pages with highly relevant content?

I manage a dozen or so existing site, and I have also launched a half dozen new sites in the last 4 months or so. Based on my experience, I see no evidence of a "sandbox" effect that slows the improvement of search engine positions in google. What I have deduced is that a site needs an extremely high number of relevant inbound links in order to rank well. That is why sites that have a large number of reciprocal links, one-way non reciprocal links (like non "run-of-site" text link ads), and/or 100s or 1000's of interior pages with relevant content rank extremely well in Google.

In some cases, seemlingly "weak" interior page links that come from megasites (like an article page from internet.com) will outrank a homepage links that have a decent number of backlinks and content. This is because the "weight" of an incoming link from the homepage of a megasite will be enough to overcome a relatively low accumulation of average backlinks. In other words, if your site has a couple of hundred (or thousand) pages of content or less and a couple of hundred relevant backlinks or less chances are that you will be outranked by interior pages of sites like espn.com or internet.com or any other megasite that has thousands of backlinks and 100s of thousands of interior pages.
  15. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I have a very similar problem - but it's not to do with the update - and it's not a new site. I've been working on it for a while and it still doesn't rank within the top 30 for more than one keyword, while in MSN and Yahoo it is continuing to rise brilliantly!

I've posted my question on the subject over at SEO Guy's forum:
    MIG: Missing in Google

Kathleen