1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

newbie and needs help

Hey I have a small (real small) hvac business. I have done adwords and a little seo. I am tring to find a company that is not going to take advantage of me. I have used two seo /adwords companies so far and had to sue each one. They all seem to promise the world. I almost sign with another company today that was out of New York. I thougt I had done all my research; check references, BBB, attorney general office, everything I could think of. They had an A+ rating everywhere. I just happen to type in the name of the company in google and then add the word "complaints"; boy was I surprised! There where over 100 just in the past 3 months. So how do I know who to use? This company was involved in law suits from day one.

All (good)companies want a few thousand up front and promise nothing. When a new customer comes to me I always make his first service call as cheap as I can hoping to get a return call. Why don't seo/adwords companies do that?

I am now looking at imarket solutions. has anyone ever heard of them? What are other good companies?

I am not looking to get 1000 new customers. I am a one man shop and only want maybe 3 new customers per week or something like that.

Thanks for the help

wetbar
    Last edited by wetbar; Jan 15th, 2013 at 06:59 PM.
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

I hear ya. 95 percent are scams. The BBB and attorney generals office?? (you won't find much there) You did the best thing by searching complaints or maybe scams with the company name, can't hide from google. And I've never heard of imarketing, but that doesn't mean anything.
    When a new customer comes to me I always make his first service call as cheap as I can hoping to get a return call. Why don't seo/adwords companies do that?
    SEO is a different animal, we don't do service calls, we need to spend some real time digging through your site, your code, your structure, your key words, your content, your current rankings, your back link profile. To get an overview of whats needed and then create a plan of attack. It's a time consuming thing, 4 to 6 months minimum...to do the job right.
    But your in the right place, check the community link and check out the top members here, there's a lot of top notch providers right here. They get their reputation from offering good advice and so on. You can also check out the owners of this site...Ninja Marketing.