1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

New Site With Exact Match Domain what are realistic expectations?

About I month ago I launched a brand new wordpress site.

I have invested a significant amount of money first in getting the site built then secondly in getting the site SEO optimized. My SEO company is actively creating new content in the form of new pages and blog posts and pushing hard on the social media integration and promotion.a

The site has SEO related plugins installed and configured has the prefered domain set to no www has both regular and multiple xml based sitemaps all submitted and verified in webmaster tools and meta data configured. The site appears to be getting indexed I can see that 195 pages are in the index using the google site search operator

However when I search for EDM keywords in google my site is not showing up. I know it is a competitive keyword but due to the fact that my domain is a exact match domain surely I should be appearing in the rankings by now, no? a competitor with the same domian but .org is ranking number one with their exact match domain why am I having issues? 3 years ago I launched a similar site and immediately obtained great rankings for which I still enjoy for a keyword search of that EDM

My SEO company says it takes time for new sites to get fully indexed and to build trust with google but it's been over a month now and I am not getting anywhere near the top 2 - 3 pages for any related searches. I am just not sure on what to expect.

Any insight thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by stevenlobo; Nov 21st, 2012 at 11:55 PM.
  3. -
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Who owns <snip>.com? I assume you.

The hotel site has duplicate content from the reservations site, why would google rank it.

^ and if your SEO company aren't smart enough to know that, which apparently they aren't, get rid of them.
    Last edited by DarrenHaye; Nov 22nd, 2012 at 12:14 AM.
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill
  5. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

In addition to what was said above.
    Not sure if it's an exact match issue, but looking at the site I would say your trying to rank for your url, which you are # 1. You have at least 5 anchor text links on your home page that carry your main url with the .com, and they go to internal pages, was this done by your seo company?
    IMO, you have the key word stuffed way too much, titles anchor text that doesn't go to the home page, some titles are using it twice.

A month isn't a good gauge, you need at least a couple 2 or 3. One is way too soon, however I think your site might throw out some red flags, it's over optimized, over stuffed...nomesayn
    Last edited by Test-ok; Nov 21st, 2012 at 11:22 PM.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

First - The site is very attractive and well designed from a visual standpoint.

Second - Looking under the hood at the source HTML, I have concerns.

1. You have a lot of script's for what is presented on the page. My site has HTML5 video, slider images, a CSS3 menu, and it uses a whole lot less code than I see here. Your content is pushed way down the page.

2. Your content is in paragraphs wrapped in divisions, wrapped in table rows. Looks like one paragraph per table row. IMHO - Google sees this as a lot of fragmented text segments. Ditch the tables. Place multiple paragraphs within a single division so as to make a tight, coherent block of text for Google.

I know some here will say this kind of on-page work makes no difference to SEO. My response is that my site has risen steadily since I've eliminated tables, code bloat, grouped text in contiguous paragraphs, and moved my text as high as possible in the code.

Find a web designer that knows how to produce lean, structured code, as well as make a good visual presentation.

Ed
    Last edited by eddyf; Nov 21st, 2012 at 11:47 PM.
  9. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by DarrenHaye
    The hotel site has duplicate content from the reservations site, why would google rank it.

^ and if your SEO company aren't smart enough to know that, which apparently they aren't, get rid of them.
    Thanks to all for their comments so far very userfull.

DarrenHaye. Iff possible can you please edit your comment to remove my secondary domain name. I don't want to get slammed with SEO optimization offers

Comments on this post

• DarrenHaye agrees : I'm not sure I believe you reason ;), but I will remove it.
    Last edited by stevenlobo; Nov 22nd, 2012 at 12:01 AM.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by DarrenHaye
    Who owns <snip>.com? I assume you.

I have seen number of posts of your. Your somehow the only one to trace the website url of the thread poster. how does you do this. Do you have any third eye to visualise it.
  13. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

lol...3rd eye. And then it might be as simple as using copyscape.
  15. Agency SEO
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by stevenlobo
    About I month ago I launched a brand new wordpress site.

I have invested a significant amount of money first in getting the site built then secondly in getting the site SEO optimized. My SEO company is actively creating new content in the form of new pages and blog posts and pushing hard on the social media integration and promotion.a

The site has SEO related plugins installed and configured has the prefered domain set to no www has both regular and multiple xml based sitemaps all submitted and verified in webmaster tools and meta data configured. The site appears to be getting indexed I can see that 195 pages are in the index using the google site search operator

However when I search for EDM keywords in google my site is not showing up. I know it is a competitive keyword but due to the fact that my domain is a exact match domain surely I should be appearing in the rankings by now, no? a competitor with the same domian but .org is ranking number one with their exact match domain why am I having issues? 3 years ago I launched a similar site and immediately obtained great rankings for which I still enjoy for a keyword search of that EDM

My SEO company says it takes time for new sites to get fully indexed and to build trust with google but it's been over a month now and I am not getting anywhere near the top 2 - 3 pages for any related searches. I am just not sure on what to expect.

Any insight thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated
    It's been a whole month and no ranks yet? WTF?

How well did you vet your SEO agency? When you checked their references by calling previous clients how long did it take them to get good ranks?

When you asked the SEO company what exact steps are they going to rank your site what did they say? Are they doing what they said they will do?

When you checked this company's top 20 ranks did they appear to be competitive in nature?