1. Professional SEO
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Thumbs up A new powerfull (but free) keyword ranking tool: 2KRT

I believe the product page pretty much says it all:
    http://www.2kmediat.com/kkmediat/eng/products_2krt.asp

I would like to hear comments and opinions about our product. What you like, what you hate etc. Although this is a beta release, it should be pretty stable since we have been running this as inhouse solution for some time.

The tool itself is pretty basic, but after you take into account that you can do everything you would normally do with Excel, this is one of the most powerfull keyword ranking and tracking tools you might come across.

As a word of warning, I recommend everyone to read the ReadMe-file carefully before trying the tool or contacting us. If you don't have the right versions of required components or you make some alterations to wrong places, the tool won't work.

As the subject says, the tool is free to download and use. If you like it, we would love to get a link to our site. ;)

regards,
    -2k-
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Interesting, but...

Interesting but does this tool make use of automated queries to Google?

5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Sounds very nice, too bad I don't have Office XP

Does it work with older versions of Excel?
    Last edited by thejoker; Jul 27th, 2004 at 06:03 AM.
  7. <- Solan Gundersen

Look's interesting, time to get Office XP I suppose.
    Last edited by Mano70; Jul 27th, 2004 at 06:18 AM.
  9. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Thank you 2K,

I look foreward to reviewing your tool.
  11. Professional SEO

Interesting but does this tool make use of automated queries to Google?
    What do you mean by automated queries?
    It uses Google API WebService to do queries. If you want to time those queries (ie.automate them), you could write yourself some VBA code or add a timed task to run the file.

Does it work with older versions of Excel?
    No. The Microsoft WebServices toolkit is available only for Office XP and Office 2003.

Afterwords added... somebody asked about "Compile Error in Hidden Module". The reason and general fixes for this are now added to documentation.
    Last edited by 2K; Jul 27th, 2004 at 06:50 AM.
  13. Professional SEO

Cool Update

A new version of 2KRT is published. It contains a bunch of error fixes with some minor improvements in general performance. Also the ReadMe has had an small facelift.

Keep those error reports etc. development requests and comments coming. Otherwise there will be no updates ;)
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

What differentiates this and digitalpoint.com's keyword ranking? Why is yours better?
  17. Professional SEO

Why is yours better?
    Shawn's tool is very good, but it is rather limited and clumsy if you have lots of sites and keywords or you want more than simple rankings. However, I would not say either one is better than other. They do basicly the same job, but target for a bit different markets.

2KRT is better if you
    - have lots of sites or keywords
    - or want to store data locally
    - or analyze it thoroughly
    - or customize the tool for yourself

What makes it so much different is that it is a native Excel workbook. You want pivottables of your data, then it's just few clicks. Same goes for filtering, charts etc. That makes it very powerfull if you know your stuff.
  19. Contributing User
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

2k, i tried your tool yesterday and liked it a lot. However, I was going to say that the only thing that would make me NOT use it was that I could only use it for one domain. I have lots I need to track. Yet in your post above, you say one reason it is better is when you have lots of sites or keywords. So, now I'm confused. I only saw the ability to put in one domain name. Is there a way to make it work for multiple sites? If so, I would love it.
  21. Professional SEO

First stop: everyone (still) experiencing the "Compile Error in Hidden Module" error should check out the latest version and the checked list of requirements (MS XML 4.0 IS REQUIRED). More explanatory story here

that the only thing that would make me NOT use it was that I could only use it for one domain. I have lots I need to track. Yet in your post above, you say one reason it is better is when you have lots of sites or keywords. So, now I'm confused. I only saw the ability to put in one domain name. Is there a way to make it work for multiple sites? If so, I would love it.
    I appreciate your feedback very highly daz! The idea of single domain box is that you save different domains to different excel workbooks. Works fine for me, but I never thought that somebody might want to make 'topical listings' with multipal domains. I could throw in a version that allows to check n pieces of domains tomorrow (it's midnight here).
    Last edited by 2K; Jul 30th, 2004 at 04:03 PM.
  23. Contributing User

Hi, 2k. Actually, the different workbooks idea would suffice I guess. I'm not looking to check the same keywords across multiple sites (although that's not a bad idea). Was just wanting to be able to check each site's keywords separately. I guess what I need to know then, is how to have different workbooks. Install separately? Copy/paste into new workbook? Hope I am being more clear this time. I'm not quite sure how to word it.
  25. Professional SEO

Install separately? Copy/paste into new workbook? Hope I am being more clear this time. I'm not quite sure how to word it.
    Just save the workbook (the excel file, 2KRT.xsl) with another name - that's all it takes. Each workbook can have a different name, keywords, domains, settings etc. They are easy to organize to folders by site, by client etc. And what's best. It's easy to give to a client who wants to track SERPS by himself daily (no more daily conversations or mailing sessions) .
    Last edited by 2K; Jul 30th, 2004 at 04:25 PM.
  27. Contributing User

well, now, isn't that just too simple? thanks! i think i'll give this tool a plug on my site.
  29. Professional SEO

well, now, isn't that just too simple?
    Simplicity is always the best key to success IMO.

An interesting note is how well and soon the tool appeared to SERPS. It was published on 27th and now it ranks in top10 for 3/4 of keywords I was aiming. Hope it stays that way ;)