Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
    #1
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    82
    Rep Power
    15

    new pr update affect the state of google optimization?


    does this new PR update put things back to "normal" as far as google optimization goes?

    i noticed that my newest site which started the first week of september received a pr2 with this new update.. not much.. but a start.. I still dont see any serps rankings.. has anyone verified if serps for "march filter" or "sandboxed" sites has come with the recent PR update?

    do you feel we can start to get back on a normal schedule for competing in serps with new sites? (like a 1-3 month timeframe)
  2. #2
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,179
    Rep Power
    17
    nonbody knows when's next PR update. But I haven't noticed SERP changes in this update, which makes me to think there're no major algo change in this update. No "Florida" here.
  4. #3
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    127
    Rep Power
    16
    Originally Posted by juice
    does this new PR update put things back to "normal" as far as google optimization goes?

    i noticed that my newest site which started the first week of september received a pr2 with this new update.. not much.. but a start.. I still dont see any serps rankings.. has anyone verified if serps for "march filter" or "sandboxed" sites has come with the recent PR update?

    do you feel we can start to get back on a normal schedule for competing in serps with new sites? (like a 1-3 month timeframe)
    I don't think anything will change, now does not matter what PR you have, does not mean anything, you'll still have no traffic..now I have more than one site PR 7 but no traffic..
  6. #4
  7. No Profile Picture
    Always new to SEO
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    122
    Rep Power
    15
    I think we should not expect any sudden change in rankings due to this pr update. The change in rankings will be gradual so have patience. Not a long wait now.
  8. #5
  9. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    India
    Posts
    282
    Rep Power
    16
    All my new pages third level deep has PR4. No Change in SERP.

    Infact my new site with just one page has PR3 (W3C Validated).

    This update didnot bring any SERP changes.
  10. #6
  11. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    752
    Rep Power
    16
    Several of my PR increase with inside pages, but not much change in SERP. It says toolbar PR is only entertainment.
  12. #7
  13. Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0
    At last google has updated it PR which is due from last more than 120 days there were lot of speculations going on SEO market that there may be some bomb which google will blast but I have seen there is not much in it. One thing is sure that google has tightened the PR algo. It has now giving less importance to mass linking or linking from one site or one group. I have seen overall fall in PR of most of sites internal pages If the main page has PR 5 usually PR of page connected to home page are PR 4 but now it is seen to be PR 3 in most of the case. So I think google has tighten the PR rules.
  14. #8
  15. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    India
    Posts
    282
    Rep Power
    16
    Originally Posted by 1969g1969
    Several of my PR increase with inside pages, but not much change in SERP. It says toolbar PR is only entertainment.
    Yup u are right. This update is toolbar update, which means its just for entertainment.

    SERP will not change due to this. I think they did this since everyone was pissed with Google. Still they have not made any difference with just Toolbar updates.

    I hope in future they improve Pr for SERP.
  16. #9
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    82
    Rep Power
    15
    Originally Posted by topgun
    All my new pages third level deep has PR4. No Change in SERP.

    Infact my new site with just one page has PR3 (W3C Validated).

    This update didnot bring any SERP changes.
    do you think w3c validation has any bearing on PR?
    i usualy code by results.. comparing firefox/IE rending to make sure it looks right and try to make sure the context is good.. but I often find that the validator complains on some things..
  18. #10
  19. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    India
    Posts
    282
    Rep Power
    16
    Originally Posted by juice
    do you think w3c validation has any bearing on PR?
    i usualy code by results.. comparing firefox/IE rending to make sure it looks right and try to make sure the context is good.. but I often find that the validator complains on some things..

    Hi juice

    Firefox doesnot show flash when its W3C validation. IE sure does. I dont know what made Google give me PR3 for just one page.

    Here is the site Search Engine Optimization

    But i guess this Pr update has no meaning for SERP. It will only help for Good link partners.
  20. #11
  21. Registered User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    219
    Rep Power
    16
    coz top gun your linked here
    http://www.jaihindalumni.com/url1.asp
    google doesnt show all links
  22. #12
  23. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    India
    Posts
    282
    Rep Power
    16
    Originally Posted by jit
    coz top gun your linked here
    http://www.jaihindalumni.com/url1.asp
    google doesnt show all links

    Opps Sorry i forgot. That was a one way link.

    Sorry for that.
  24. #13
  25. Registered User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    219
    Rep Power
    16
    The Pr formula is also changed.If you have a link from a PR 5 site usually u got Pr4...but now its Pr 3.
    They have dampened some thing in the Pr calculation
    any body on this? any such exp?
  26. #14
  27. unused title
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Downunder
    Posts
    741
    Rep Power
    17
    its possible, but not from what im seeing.
    one of my pr5 sites is linking to another, and the one that it is linking to is now a pr4, also so are all of its interior pages,

    so site no.1 (high pr5) is linking to site no.2 (high pr 4).

    *Please note there are no other backlinks going to the second site except from the first.
  28. #15
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    82
    Rep Power
    15

    main pr4 internal pages pr5


    Hello

    the PR update did not change anything in the serps for me.
    however weird thing the main page which gets all the
    incoming links got a PR4 many internal pages who dont have
    any incoming links accept from the main page got PR5

    any opinions
    Guy
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

Similar Threads

  1. Google link update
    By bombaywala in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Aug 10th, 2004, 09:27 PM
  2. search engine optimization
    By relaxzoolander in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Mar 30th, 2004, 01:43 PM
  3. Vs. Sheer Link Mass...How to win?
    By Insomnia in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Mar 25th, 2004, 11:33 PM

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo