Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
    #1
  1. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    The new “google bowl” Google Smash? How my competition simply took me off Google!!


    I have a website: For months and months I was between # 3-6 organically (Natural listing) on keywords Breast Enhancement & Breast Enlargement. This is with a year of hard, manual work. These terms are competitive.

    My website was copied by my main competition who simply uses link farms and buys old websites. 2 months ago, in one day, he simply copied my website, put a new logo on the front page, and changed about 6 words. THEN…added 100,000 links in 1 day. (again, these are rented links)

    I know because he copied my statcounter also (real smart) So again…2 months after he did all this. First he got suspended 1 week ago, THEN BOOM - Suddenly today...I am gone from google. BUT on my top 2 Terms only. All my other terms are there. Very ODD. I have not touched this site in 3 months.

    NOW, I did NOT drop alittle. My index was PULLED. The first page that shows is products.html The index is NOT THERE.

    Also, I was believing google when they tell me. YOUR COMPEITIOTN CAN NOT HURT YOU. I purposely have not touched the website in 3 months. In fear I might mess something up.

    Again, I didn’t simply go to page 10. I am GONE. Pulled…. Yet only on my 2 keywords. It’s just odd. So I assume this was manually.

    Also my allinanchor: is not even there. I was # 3 with allinanchor. Now I am simply not there.

    ALSO, to make matters worse. He adds links for me, but thats another post.

    Man - I am depressed. I have so many man hours into this website.

    Any suggestions?
  2. #2
  3. No Profile Picture
    S-E-Ogre
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    329
    Rep Power
    27
    Originally Posted by SeoMan44
    I have a website: For months and months I was between # 3-6 organically (Natural listing) on keywords Breast Enhancement & Breast Enlargement. This is with a year of hard, manual work. These terms are competitive.

    My website was copied by my main competition who simply uses link farms and buys old websites. 2 months ago, in one day, he simply copied my website, put a new logo on the front page, and changed about 6 words. THEN…added 100,000 links in 1 day. (again, these are rented links)

    I know because he copied my statcounter also (real smart) So again…2 months after he did all this. First he got suspended 1 week ago, THEN BOOM - Suddenly today...I am gone from google. BUT on my top 2 Terms only. All my other terms are there. Very ODD. I have not touched this site in 3 months.

    NOW, I did NOT drop alittle. My index was PULLED. The first page that shows is products.html The index is NOT THERE.

    Also, I was believing google when they tell me. YOUR COMPEITIOTN CAN NOT HURT YOU. I purposely have not touched the website in 3 months. In fear I might mess something up.

    Again, I didn’t simply go to page 10. I am GONE. Pulled…. Yet only on my 2 keywords. It’s just odd. So I assume this was manually.

    Also my allinanchor: is not even there. I was # 3 with allinanchor. Now I am simply not there.

    ALSO, to make matters worse. He adds links for me, but thats another post.

    Man - I am depressed. I have so many man hours into this website.

    Any suggestions?
    Have you not reported this guy? Thats the first step. If he has spammed his site and outranked you and YOU got dropped from the index, something really weird is happening. Almost like he stole your content put it on an older domain and then reported YOU. I wonder if you can do that?
  4. #3
  5. Roll the dice.. and live
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,570
    Rep Power
    2494
    Originally Posted by SeoMan44
    YOUR COMPEITIOTN CAN NOT HURT YOU.
    Of course your competition can hurt your sites rankings. It is easy, all you need to have to hurt your competator is.... Better content.. Better links... Better site...
    Live the moment
  6. #4
  7. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by gazzahk
    Of course your competition can hurt your sites rankings. It is easy, all you need to have to hurt your competator is.... Better content.. Better links... Better site...
    You missed the point.

    SAME CONTENT!!

    RENTED LINKS (more, as they are rented)

    BETTER SITE? You tell me. ITS THE SAME SITE.

    You dont care you can get other persons site suspended?
    We are not talking about a BETTER SITE.

    We are speaking of the SAME SITE - SIMPLY STOLEN.
  8. #5
  9. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0
    Also, if I am removed only on these keywords.

    That means someone "manually" pulled me off? Am I correct.

    I have been SEO-ing YEARS and never seen this. AS I DO THINGS PROPERLY. I dont rent links or change content.

    I simply build links.

    Was I pulled manually? How can I tell?
  10. #6
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    459
    Rep Power
    514
    If he stole your site then he also stole your copyrighted material.

    Contact his web host and explain the situation. They should shut him down.

    Search the web for "Web Copyright Infringement" and "Digital Millennium Copyright Act". Lots of good info.

    Let us know what happened.

    Ed
  12. #7
  13. Roll the dice.. and live
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,570
    Rep Power
    2494
    Originally Posted by SeoMan44
    You missed the point.
    No I did not. I was commenting on the claim that a competator can not hurt your site rankings. This claim is not true. Google do not say this.

    I was not commenting on your particular claim on what you think happened.

    What can I do if I'm afraid my competitor is harming my ranking in Google?

    There's almost nothing a competitor can do to harm your ranking or have your site removed from our index.
    http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=34449
    Last edited by gazzahk; Jul 17th, 2008 at 05:10 AM. Reason: added reference
  14. #8
  15. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    161
    Rep Power
    14
    Sorry to hear your sad tail. Not really anything anyone can do as no details of your site or competitors. But I imagine that you may have been up to a few things yourself for G to as you say "remove you from the SERP's"
  16. #9
  17. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by gazzahk
    No I did not. I was commenting on the claim that a competator can not hurt your site rankings. This claim is not true. Google do not say this.

    I was not commenting on your particular claim on what you think happened.



    ALMOST NOTHING!

    Your wrong. I guess that how you got to be a TOP 5, just going around shooting opinion.

    HOW DO YOU KNOW. You dont know the site, you dont know anything.

    I was hurt by my competition. 100%!!!!!!!

    If you want facts, IM me. But its true.

    The reason NO ONE cares. Generally people dont have 100,000 links to just toss on a BURNER site.

    But then again...the people I deal with do.

    I dont waste time posting on boards. I make money, and apparently LOOSE alot also.

    You have some things to learn. And first thing in....guess what. Shhhhh....google doesnt tell you THE WHOLE TRUTH.

    Yeah. Image that. ALMOST NOTHING!!!!

    ALMOST. ALMOST!

    We all know the sayings about ALMOST!!!

    I am almost rich. But I am NOT.
    Last edited by ClickyB; Jul 21st, 2008 at 01:19 PM. Reason: fixed broken quote tags
  18. #10
  19. Roll the dice.. and live
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,570
    Rep Power
    2494
    [QUOTE=SeoMan44]
    Originally Posted by gazzahk
    No I did not. I was commenting on the claim that a competator can not hurt your site rankings. This claim is not true. Google do not say this.

    I was not commenting on your particular claim on what you think happened.




    ALMOST NOTHING!

    Your wrong. I guess that how you got to be a TOP 5, just going around shooting opinion.

    HOW DO YOU KNOW. You dont know the site, you dont know anything.

    I was hurt by my competition. 100%!!!!!!!

    If you want facts, IM me. But its true.

    The reason NO ONE cares. Generally people dont have 100,000 links to just toss on a BURNER site.

    But then again...the people I deal with do.

    I dont waste time posting on boards. I make money, and apparently LOOSE alot also.

    You have some things to learn. And first thing in....guess what. Shhhhh....google doesnt tell you THE WHOLE TRUTH.

    Yeah. Image that. ALMOST NOTHING!!!!

    ALMOST. ALMOST!

    We all know the sayings about ALMOST!!!

    I am almost rich. But I am NOT.
    You seem to have some difficulty in reading and understanding. You first claimed that Google states "Also, I was believing google when they tell me. YOUR COMPEITIOTN CAN NOT HURT YOU."... I just pointed out that this is not true. Google has never made this claim.... As in the quote I have given you from google they admit a competator in some circumstances can hurt your site.

    For example: What may of happened to you was the activity of your competator may have sparked a human investigation of those SERPs. The human then decided to clean up the SERPs for this area. Thus got rid of your site. Therefore my first post could also be true the sites that now be winning those SERPs were considered Better Quality sites then yours. That why they are still there and you are not!

    There is no google conspirarcy. It is quite well known that others in some circumstances can hurt your sites SERPs. This is no suprise. I know of quite a few ways to hurt a sites rankings if that site is either spammy or not that strong. It happens all the time........
    Last edited by gazzahk; Jul 17th, 2008 at 08:07 PM.
  20. #11
  21. The Maniac Marketer
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Chennai City, India.
    Posts
    180
    Rep Power
    14
    @SeoMan44:

    I can see you're pretty pissed at the whole situation but lashing out at people simply won't help. What gazzahk has been saying is the same thing that you've been saying: your competitors CAN hurt your rankings; however, not in the way you think. If I buy a hundred thousand spammy links to your website, I doubt it would hurt your rankings; the links would probably just get discounted. But I can definitely "hurt" you by building content that's better than yours.

    Now in your present situation, I understand that your competitor has (possibly) outranked you by simply copying your content. Have you tried reporting to his web host? Have you tried reporting his website to Google? You can explain to them that you had absolutely nothing to do with the purchased links whatsoever.
  22. #12
  23. Live and Learn!
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,803
    Rep Power
    352
    I must say i have noticed the same thing, but do not think it was a competitor doing it. I myself think its google trying to figure out if this page is actually relevant to the terms as google has noticed something dodgy going on.

    But this is a guess, if it is not this the i have no idea and am truly flumoxed.
  24. #13
  25. Mr. Goober Guy ;)
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    1,320
    Rep Power
    24
    Not knowing where you're at, here in the states, someone could get sued. Otherwise, suggestions were good about notifiying hosting company and there is always the DMCA.

    Concerning the possible pointing of "Spammy Links", again, wouldn't worry about it. He's only going to help you make more money in Yahoo.com and Live.com....lmbo You can send him a thank you gift with the extra money you make ;)

    Relative to the index page being gone, I would not worry about that. I've had this happen before, it's not a big deal. Always come back. If it doesn't and you start seeing other pages of your site disappear, then I would worry.

    Double check and make sure you're not accidently blocking the indexing of your site just to be safe.

    If it makes you feel better, resubmit your root url for inclusion into google ( http://www.google.com/addurl/?continue=/addurl ). Can't tell you it will make ol' google bot show up faster, but, might make you feel better knowing you've told them to drop back by.
    Cheerios!

    New to SEO? See the FAQ!

    My Disclaimer:
    Don't Listen To Me - I know nothing!
  26. #14
  27. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0
    [QUOTE=gazzahk]
    Originally Posted by SeoMan44
    You seem to have some difficulty in reading and understanding. You first claimed that Google states "Also, I was believing google when they tell me. YOUR COMPEITIOTN CAN NOT HURT YOU."... I just pointed out that this is not true. Google has never made this claim.... As in the quote I have given you from google they admit a competator in some circumstances can hurt your site.

    For example: What may of happened to you was the activity of your competator may have sparked a human investigation of those SERPs. The human then decided to clean up the SERPs for this area. Thus got rid of your site. Therefore my first post could also be true the sites that now be winning those SERPs were considered Better Quality sites then yours. That why they are still there and you are not!

    There is no google conspirarcy. It is quite well known that others in some circumstances can hurt your sites SERPs. This is no suprise. I know of quite a few ways to hurt a sites rankings if that site is either spammy or not that strong. It happens all the time........
    BOTH WEBSITE were removed.

    So you know.
  28. #15
  29. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by Pacific Monk
    @SeoMan44:

    I can see you're pretty pissed at the whole situation but lashing out at people simply won't help. What gazzahk has been saying is the same thing that you've been saying: your competitors CAN hurt your rankings; however, not in the way you think. If I buy a hundred thousand spammy links to your website, I doubt it would hurt your rankings; the links would probably just get discounted. But I can definitely "hurt" you by building content that's better than yours.

    Now in your present situation, I understand that your competitor has (possibly) outranked you by simply copying your content. Have you tried reporting to his web host? Have you tried reporting his website to Google? You can explain to them that you had absolutely nothing to do with the purchased links whatsoever.
    same exact content. We were both removed.

    Yes, google did nothing.

    why do you think ANYTHING would "just get discounted" by google.

    Curious.

    And your correct I shouldnt lash out. He just doesnt know
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

Similar Threads

  1. Google says you don’t need a web site any more
    By karma_killer in forum Search Engine Optimization
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Nov 8th, 2006, 06:47 AM
  2. Buzz abounds on Google IPO
    By ctn in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jun 14th, 2003, 11:20 PM
  3. The Google Crash Theory
    By iceglobe in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Jun 12th, 2003, 06:16 AM

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo