1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Talking Need some Advice Google is Killing me !!

Hello Everybody

I own an Adult DVD store. I hired a guy about 2 months ago to do some SEO work on the site . I have had some good result in Yahoo but Iam nowhere in Google I dont know if they just take longer to see the results or we are doing some thing wrong any advice would be appreciated.

Here are some of my questions:

1. What can we do to get the results in Google for keywords like Wholesale Adult DVD, Adult DVD, Adult DVDs, Cheap Adult DVD etc...?

2. The website ranks 145 and 300 for Adult DVDs and Adult DVD in Yahoo , what can I do to get the site in top 10?

Thank You
    Last edited by SEO_AM; Jun 7th, 2005 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Edited to comply with TOS.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

For semi-competitive terms for which I'm poorly ranked, I've had a lot of luck with the coop ad network --
    http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/ad-network/?s=156
    You can get some fairly immediate results though I've noticed a decline in power in recent weeks.. nonetheless it's still impressive.

Otherise buy links and hope for the best.. I've consistently seen long-term links have a profound effect but they have to be there a long time.. if you are buying links, have a budget and prepare to spend for 9-12 mos before expecting results.

Eric
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

YOu can't expect to rank well after 2 months. SEO takes time some give it a little.
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Hi,

If you got a brand new sites tehn I would have focused on a lot of search term with low competition. Ranking for 1000 keyword phrases that each will bring in a small amount of traffic is almost always better then going for a few medium competition keyphrases. It will take a lot of money and atleast 12 months to get a good ranking in Google for Adult DVD