1. Nice Guy
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Need my sites crawled by google

I have my site up for 6 weeks now, i submitted it to differerent directories (most of them listed them), i managed to get a dozen exclusive links from PR 2- PR 3 sites... but google only indexed 2 pages yet (which happend 5 weeks ago - since then nothing).
    Seems i need to buy a good backlink or something, if i want to get this started? Any tips for me?
  3. Go OSU Beavers!
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Try to use the RSS Feed in yahoo or blogs from Google.

Place links to your site, but deep inside your site. This will make the spiders have to crawl out.

Buy a text link from a PR 5+ site, which probably gets crawled more frequetly.

It can also take a while for the entire site to be indexed. Google may only indext the first few pages deep, untill it realizes that there is more important info on the site. i.e. you have to give the googlebot a reason to crawl deeper.

Just some suggestions...

Scott Fish
  5. Mostly sane...
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Not sure what the rush to have it crawled is, but yes, more backlinks, specifically ones pointing to deeper pages that you want crawled, would help. Wont help much though, as 6 weeks is way to short to actually get listed on G for anything very competitive.

Unless, of course, you are just trying to get listed quick on a low competition phrase, in which case get some links from a page that gets visited daily.

Also, you should search your raw logs for Googlebot and check the dates/frequency. Not being indexed does not equal not being spidered.

-Michael
    Enjoy Poetry?
    Get a Home Equity Loan or Mortgage Refinancing today!
    Potential Bad Neighborhood checker.
  7. Webpreneur
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by akany
    I have my site up for 6 weeks now, i submitted it to differerent directories (most of them listed them), i managed to get a dozen exclusive links from PR 2- PR 3 sites... but google only indexed 2 pages yet (which happend 5 weeks ago - since then nothing).
    Seems i need to buy a good backlink or something, if i want to get this started? Any tips for me?
    Just curious, did Yahoo and MSN indexed your pages, and if they did how many?

9. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

Originally Posted by akany
    If you email me your url I will add it to a PR5 homepage of a website I have if its not already indexed

cheers, few.errors@gmail.com
  11. Go OSU Beavers!
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Originally Posted by mvandemar
    Wont help much though, as 6 weeks is way to short to actually get listed on G for anything very competitive.

Unless, of course, you are just trying to get listed quick on a low competition phrase, in which case get some links from a page that gets visited daily.

Also, you should search your raw logs for Googlebot and check the dates/frequency. Not being indexed does not equal not being spidered.

-Michael
    Good points.
  13. Nice Guy

Originally Posted by Lici
    Just curious, did Yahoo and MSN indexed your pages, and if they did how many?

Yea, msn and yahoo have already listed some hundred subpages, and they come back for more each day.

I checked my logs, and all i got was some hits on the 2 pages that are indexed already!

I link from an other site of mine (PR 3) to the new site, and the PR 3 sites is crawled almost daily, so I thought this would go a little faster...
  15. Cool bra. Go with Christ!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

You sure google haven't already crawled the pages but not listed the info?

Check all pages on your domain using - " site:yourdomain.com" the number of pages actually spotted by g/bot will be there - if you have insufficient ranking backlinks google will register the urls existence but will only index content from your "top" pages.
    ClickyB
    "The quality of the visitor is more important than the volume".. Egol 22nd Feb 2008
    New to SEO/SeoChat?...Click Here
    Canonical Problems?... Click Here
    Forum Rules & Posting Guidelines
  17. Nice Guy

Originally Posted by ClickyB
    You sure google haven't already crawled the pages but not listed the info?

Check all pages on your domain using - " site:yourdomain.com" the number of pages actually spotted by g/bot will be there - if you have insufficient ranking backlinks google will register the urls existence but will only index content from your "top" pages.

Yea, take a look - http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site%3Atemplateglobe.com

I know from my other sites, that it might take some time till google starts indexing, but 5 weeks is a long time in my eyes!?
  19. Cool bra. Go with Christ!

Well - there are more than 2 pages listed - they have 18 of your pages indexed - how many are there?

They don't show any backlinks to your home page, but they have 1 BL for your ISP's page - hence it has a pr of 1... that isn't enough to help your other pages.

Note: From it you have 2 home page links but they are both called "home" (image alt tag too) - you ought to be linking using your preferred anchor text as the link at least once - especially as your alt tag - (
  21. Nice Guy

Originally Posted by ClickyB
    Well - there are more than 2 pages listed - they have 18 of your pages indexed - how many are there?

They don't show any backlinks to your home page, but they have 1 BL for your ISP's page - hence it has a pr of 1... that isn't enough to help your other pages.

Note: From it you have 2 home page links but they are both called "home" (image alt tag too) - you ought to be linking using your preferred anchor text as the link at least once - especially as your alt tag - (
    Mmm, I see 2 pages with description and 3 pages with url only if i use the "site:" command.

The site has ~ 50.000 pages.

Thanks for the tip with the anchor text - i will change it
  23. Cool bra. Go with Christ!

I saw 18 pages - all with titles and descriptions!

With 50,000 pages you are gonna need a heck of a lot of b/l's & pr to get them all listed...

All those pages have a way of "draining" your internal pr (before everyone starts talkinmg about draining being rubbish I mean in the sense that the pr is spread so thin that it drains "potential internal pr")!

I have a site pr7 with 35,000 pages - 14,000 (real) backlinks (726 listed by google - lol) - many links to level 3/4 pages - google list about 14,500 urls and only index about 8,500 of them!
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I think the quickest way to get pages listed is to either sign a guestbook or create a blog. Make sure you don't do too many though, just a couple to get started.

Also, make sure to do relevant ones from results obtained from all three search engines. If you find a guestbook that has to do with templates in MSN, most likely you will see your page listed in MSN only. You have to go to the separate search engines to get all three major engines to find you, they all give fairly different results for obscure search terms. A quick way to see how many links you have in each is to download the SEO Inc. toolbar from www.seoinc.com

-Brian Renner