1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Need Help To Remove Link (Possible Duplicate Content) From Google

Hello Everyone,

I need some help.

A couple months back when everyone was talking about Google penalizing sites for duplicate content, I had found something on Google when searching for allinurl for my site.

A site (in Italy) I beleive show a link to my site through searchhippo when I do the allinurl on Google.

I found through whois a few e-mails on this one site and e-mailed them to remove any links to my site on any of their sites. Also, I went onto searchhippo and reomved my link, but it is still there.

Anyways, I checked Google again for allinurl on my site and this link is still showing. It may be taking the place of my index page.

Google says that they can't and will not be able to help me remove this link.

Does anyone know how to get this removed from Google.
    www.nowartv.it/_inc/url.asp?i=4&q=blue+marlin+damenmode&u=http://wwwDOTmysiteDOTcom%2F

I know Google is not even being close to stop their dancing, and I am sure my site will come back, but would be great to stop this person who is doing this link to my site without my permission and not responding to any of my e-mails.

I would really appreciate any help form anyone..

Thanks

Newcomer
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

There's not much you can do. All you can hope for is to convince the site owner to remove the link. If that doesn't work, you are stuck - just like a lot of others.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hello dazzlindonna,

Thank you for such a quick response. I have read many things you have written on this forum with alot of great advise.

The sad thing is that this site has no contact information (names, telephone numbers, e-mails, etc.).. I did a whois for the domain and found around 4 e-mails. I had sent several e-mails to the addresses, with no response. It does not look like they will ever respond.. What is so funny, that none of my competitors sites have this problem with this site, and we are all on most of the same directories, search engines etc, but only my site has this problem.

I was hoping that there may be something I can place into my site to block this particular site or somehow remove my link.

Not sure if that makes sense the way I wrote it.

Anyways, thanks for the quick response.

Newcomer
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Yes, I understand what you mean, but unfortunately, I don't think there is anything else you can do about it.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

will having the link removed work

will having the link removed from the offending site actually work? If you point your browser to:

www.nowartv.it/_inc/url.asp?i=4&q=blue+marlin+damenmode&u=http://wwwDOTmysiteDOTcom%2F

where "wwwDOTmysiteDOTcom" is any site

ie www.seochat.com

you will be redirected

---

since this link is in googles database and will never return a 404 will it ever be dropped?
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hello frritchi,

I guess it would make more sense to call this a redirect.

The problem is, how can I get rid of it?

I have no idea who this site is nowartv.it is, and the e-mails I had found doing a search whois, these guys will never return any e-mails or take my link of their site.

Newcomer
  13. L8r
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Hope that Google fixes this problem. Chances are you will get no response from the site owner.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

If they will not answer you I am not sure you can get them to remove the URL, I have heard of webmasters sending cease and desist orders and notifying Google of the order...maybe someone else can help on this

This really should not be a problem though, it is merely an alternate way for 1 page to link to another. If google has a bug with this sort of link, I would assume they would have a fix shortly or face being left behind

Google was designed for static html but will "move with the times" and be more php/asp friendly in the future IMHO
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks to all for your advise.

As always, everyone is very helpfull..

I do know that there is no problem with my site on MSN or Yahoo, just Google.

I am aware that Google does have problems since 17 Dec. 2004, and are not even being close to fixing yet as there is alot of dancing on the data centers.

Newcomer
  19. No Profile Picture
    wjm
    Contributing User

I had the same issue as you do with a site in Soviet Union. The only thing that saved me was his site was hosted in the US. Anybody doing this is breaking the code of conduct for the hosting company and the hosting company will remove the site till the link is removed. I know I had it done to this guy. Find the IP get the hosting company send them an email to the abuse department be sure and include the code of conduct for getting the site taken down in the email the url that is the issue, how it is found and send them this site I really found in very helpful http://www.loriswebs.com/hijacking_web_pages.html, This site will also help you find them, forget emailing them go for the hosting company. I just put the url of the subject for removal in my email, follow up with a call shortly after the email like 10 minutes latter. Explain the problem what rules are being violated by this site they are hosting. Be polite and ask for this to be taken care ASAP, Call back the next day send another email and explain to them you are very serious this could have an adverse effect on your site thus your income as there is no recourse but to go after the hosting company. I did this it worked I had the site taken down in 2 days, The owner emailed me he didn't do anything and they put his site back up after he had removed the link. Don't play with these guys have the site taken down you have a legal right. Quit trying to contact them. Don't quit till it is removed period.

Originally Posted by newcomer
    Thanks to all for your advise.

As always, everyone is very helpfull..

I do know that there is no problem with my site on MSN or Yahoo, just Google.

I am aware that Google does have problems since 17 Dec. 2004, and are not even being close to fixing yet as there is alot of dancing on the data centers.

Newcomer
  21. L8r
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by frritchi
    If they will not answer you I am not sure you can get them to remove the URL, I have heard of webmasters sending cease and desist orders and notifying Google of the order...maybe someone else can help on this

This really should not be a problem though, it is merely an alternate way for 1 page to link to another. If google has a bug with this sort of link, I would assume they would have a fix shortly or face being left behind

Google was designed for static html but will "move with the times" and be more php/asp friendly in the future IMHO
    This is a known exploit with Google.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hello Everyone,

I just looked around on the site for where they had my link filed.

From what I can see, it looks like the company has deleted the file from where they had the link to my site at.

The problem I am seeing is that when I search on their site for anything related to my site it will come up with listings which will show a link of my site but will show this in the address bar:
    http://www.nowartv.it/_inc/url.asp i=2&q=KEYWORD+KEYWORD&u=http%3A%2F%2FwwwDOTmysiteD OTcom%2F

I will try to do what I have read here from all the great info, but can anyone explain to me what this company is doing by what I found in the address bar?

Does anyone think that Google is or will penalize my site for this?

Thanks

Newcomer
    Last edited by newcomer; Feb 21st, 2005 at 05:53 PM.