1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Need help - I can't figure it out

Hello,

I am requesting some help...

I did a site:wwwmydomaincom on google, for my site...

...and noticed that some pages indexed have issues because the indexed pages seem to add a "/" at the end of the page - both in the display and the actual link - so the cache and the actual link both show the site, but broken (i.e images not displaying etc..)
    This is because of the extra "/" at the end:
    i,e http://wwwmydomaincom/regular_products.php/

where is should be:
    http://wwwmydomaincom/regular_products.php

can anyone suggest why this is happening and why they are indexed this way on google? And is there somethign on my end that I can change or not doign to prevent this?

Also, I did some changes to my page titles and I dropped out of the search results pretty much, it just won't pick up on my home page unless I litteraly type it in,

BUT its confusing because It is not showing that the google bot crawled my new changed site- and yet the results don't seem to be the same as before...and ideas? Doesn't google display search resutls based on its last crawled info?

To note: I did have a home.php and index.php and removed the home.php however google seemed to link to the index.php for my home anyway...I did put it back just in case, but it is still resulting in the same search results

Do I just have to wait until google crawls my site again?

I tried to add my site map and site to webmaster indexing for google - but so far I am still in the same results...

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP OR TIPS!

Cariba
  3. No Profile Picture

server issues when bot came?

I am also thinking that it may be due to the google bot coming and my site been down? I do have some server issues and I am in process of changing to new dedicated one...currently on a BAD & CHEAP shared one...
    ...this may explain these issues....I don't think removing that home.php may have been the issue as before I did that I ensured that there were no internal or incoming links pointing to that.

If it is due to the sever, will the next succsesfull crawl repair things etc..?

Thanks agian,

Cariba
    L8-P
  5. No Profile Picture
    EGOL
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Get .htaccess with a wildcard that redirects all URLs with .php/ to the URL as .php
    * "It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain
    * "Free advice isn't worth much. Cheap advice is worth even less." EGOL
  7. No Profile Picture

Hello,
    Thanks for yor post/reply
    I am researching what you suggested.

Do you think that this may causing issues with my ranking? I recently was ranking high for certain keywords, and now I am not, and even for my domain name (no www. or .com) I only get one page to rank...
    I am also thinking that this may have been due to a my (shared) server been down when one of the google bots came? could this have affected my rankings as well?
  9. No Profile Picture

Hello,
    Thanks for yor post/reply
    I am researching what you suggested.

Do you think that this may causing issues with my ranking? I recently was ranking high for certain keywords, and now I am not, and even for my domain name (no www. or .com) I only get one page to rank...
    I am also thinking that this may have been due to a my (shared) server been down when one of the google bots came? could this have affected my rankings as well?