Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    skm
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Talking Need Advise from Experts

Guys,

I created a website and now I'm looking to optimise it for the google. I've read a lot of articles and I guess I know a lot about SEO but being non-professional I don't know what exactly need to be done to start off.

My question is from the SEO experts who really can help me out.

Ok, Assume I have built a website and now I'm targeting the term "Freelance Project"

There are many sites in google for this keyword and I really need to work hard for achieving top position. I know it can not be done in few months since the competitor's websites are active from ages.

I assume SEO is all about editing meta tags, title tags, alt tags and then submissions to directories, article sites, press release, forums, social bookmark. etc etc.

I read various forums where ppl ask for specific no of submissions so that they could achieve position what they want. I just want to know how do they analyse that much nos. of submissions are requried? I just want to know How would I come to know How much nos. of Article submissions/press release/blog commenting/directory submissions etc etc... need to get say No. 2 position. How I would know exact nos. of submissions that need to be done?. Is there any software?, Is there any trick so that by following it I've an idea.

It will also help me preparing my plan if I wanna hire any SEO analyst. I would calculate How much submissions one need to do and after calculating the time and hence hours, Total cost of project can be calculated.

I would be very thankful to the expert who will answer my questions.

Experts - Thanks in Advance !
    Last edited by skm; Feb 3rd, 2010 at 06:53 AM.
  3. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

From your post, you know nothing of SEO. Read the forums here, watch every video and read every blog post from Cutts (careful, he misrepresents the truth) , build at least 2 practice sites and experiment with those and then ask specific questions regarding what you have learned.

Originally Posted by skm
    Guys,

I created a website and now I'm looking to optimise it for the google. I've read a lot of articles and I guess I know a lot about SEO but being non-professional I don't know what exactly need to be done to start off.

Ok, Assume I have built a website and now I'm targeting the term "Freelance Project"

There are many sites in google for this keyword and I really need to work hard for achieving top position. I know it can not be done in few months since the competitor's websites are active from ages.

I assume SEO is all about editing meta tags, title tags, alt tags and then submissions to directories, article sites, press release, forums, social bookmark. etc etc.

I read various forums where ppl ask for specific no of submissions so that they could achieve position what they want. I just want to know how do they analyse that much nos. of submissions are requried? I just want to know How would I come to know How much nos. of Article submissions/press release/blog commenting/directory submissions etc etc... need to get say No. 2 position. How I would know exact nos. of submissions that need to be done?. Is there any software?, Is there any trick so that by following it I've an idea.

It will also help me preparing my plan if I wanna hire any SEO analyst. I would calculate How much submissions one need to do and after calculating the time and hence hours, Total cost of project can be calculated.

5. 魔鬼是我的背部
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by skm
    Guys,

where you are coming from? All the techniques you have mentioned are outdated. SEO is not a submission service. Start from here:

http://forums.seochat.com/google-optimization-7/new-seochat-members-seo-tips-215719.html
  7. Yeah, baby! I'm BAD.
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Not exactly.

I read various forums where ppl ask for specific no of submissions so that they could achieve position what they want. I just want to know how do they analyse that much nos. of submissions are requried?
    There is no such number. The rank is determined not by the amount of submissions, but by the value and relevance of a website to some particular query. This is achieved in two ways: on-site and off-site optimization. One of the off-site methods (and far not the best of them) is sumbissions - submission of you site thorugh various directories, or submission of articles through artcile sites, or press release submission and so on. This is merely one of possible methods.

I just want to know How would I come to know How much nos. of Article submissions/press release/blog commenting/directory submissions etc etc... need to get say No. 2 position. How I would know exact nos. of submissions that need to be done?.
    See above. This activity doesn't guarantee anything.

Is there any software?, Is there any trick so that by following it I've an idea.
    There are no and cannot be a software that would automatically do all the work for you. There ARE some tools that can be helpful, though. Many of them are free, fortunately.

To start from and obtain some ground at first, please read the sticky topics on these forums. This will help you to get the main idea of what SEO is and how it is done and will save from a bunch of stupid suggestions "do this, do that and rank number one". Understanding the basic concepts of the search engine optimization is better and more useful than knowing some "really working" tricks. It will also help you to filter out those so-called SEO experts if you are to hire one.
    Last edited by devil's_brother; Feb 3rd, 2010 at 07:25 AM.
  9. Extremely Googled
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Let me rewrite your post to illustrate a point

Guys,

I created a construction company and now I'm looking to build a house. I've read a lot of articles and I guess I know a lot about builder but being non-professional I don't know what exactly need to be done to start off.

I assume building is all about hammers and nails and wood, and that if I hammer together enough wood with nails I can build a house. Is that right?
    Pretty silly post. Houses require a bit more than just wood and nails. You have electrical, plumbing, insulation, windows, doors, roofing, siding and, of course, a proper foundation. If you wanted to be a builder with just a hammer, nails and wood I'd show you the door.

So let's look at your post a second time

I'm a believer that you need a good question to get a good answer. Your question is "How do I rank well for this term?" That's not the right question you need to be asking. You've picked a highly generic term to pursue. The question is why. I've found generic keywords to be nice to have but poor in terms of actually converting. Assuming I found your site at #1 for that keyword, how would I know that that was what I was after? What if I'm trying to start a freelance law project? Could your site help me?

The proper question need to ask first is "Will ranking well for the generic really help me?" There's a reason why Google doesn't sell Adwords for single words: there's no way to tell relevancy. I've ranked well for a generic and while it has a certain "cool" factor, it never generated as much traffic as my main, targeted keyword and certainly nowhere near as many conversions.

So if I were you I'd start with your keyword choice. Examine that first and foremost. If you still decide that's what you want then build content for your website for that keyword. If I go to your site, I want to find what I'm looking for, otherwise I'm wasting my time and Google looks bad. Do that, then come back here for SEO tips.
  11. Twitter: @barlow1984
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

In short, hire a professional to help you as you appear to have little and/or outdated knowledge of SEO techniques to use.

If you can't afford or don't want to then you have a mass of reading and testing to do before you're going to rank highly for such a generic term. And as Highland says, in long run it's probably not even worth it!

You'll get the most value out of this forum by asking much narrower questions.
    Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.
  13. No Profile Picture
    skm

re

guys everyone of you is misunderstanding me.

I just want to know how can we calculate that how much no. of links require for any website to rank for a particular keyword . I'm basically taking about keyword analysis.

Please advise
    Cheers

Comments on this post

• JVRudnick : as has been ably pointed out here, you need lots of help -- so your this post is also a non-starter....sigh... ;-(
    Last edited by skm; Feb 3rd, 2010 at 09:45 AM.
  15. Digital Marketing

Originally Posted by skm
    I just want to know how can we calculate that how much no. of links require for any website to rank for a particular keyword
    It only takes 1

Comments on this post

• Prof.stan agrees : 100 % valid
    Last edited by KernelPanic; Feb 3rd, 2010 at 10:11 AM.
  17. No Profile Picture
    skm

kernel, plz do not post useless replies.
  19. Digital Marketing

Originally Posted by skm
    I take the time to impart my genius on you and that's what I get?

O and btw, my answer was 100% accurate.
  21. Retired from SEO
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by skm
    kernel is right get only one link from authorized website and one link can change your fortune and its not more than 10 minute job.

But you really need to understand about SEO read more and more here as above many of the members are advising you just stat from many of stickies.
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  23. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

If it only took a certain number of links to rank for any keyword, then everybody would do it, and the number would constantly increase.....

Instead, you need quality of links, not quantity. That does not come from articles, forums, blog comments, etc.

This is why it has been suggested to you to start reading up in the forums. The most valuable thing you can realize from this thread is that you have the wrong impression of SEO. I'd say 90% of the members here (including myself) came here with the wrong ideas also. You're in the majority, so don't take offense.

Start you web career by building a fantastic site, that offers anything and everything within your power that can help someone researching, buying, selling, or whatever they're doing with regard to your site's topic area.

Once you've got that started, link building (for the links that actually make the difference) will become so much easier.

Comments on this post

• terriwells agrees
    • EGOL agrees
  25. No Profile Picture
    skm

thanks all who replied, but I read on some forum, they ask for specific no of submissions, why they do that?
    Last edited by skm; Feb 3rd, 2010 at 10:59 AM.
  27. Twitter: @barlow1984
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Well you need to be certain that what you read is from a reputable source, not just any old crap you find on the net. Believe me there is plenty of rubbish out there.

The majority of people that have posted on this thread are well respected members of the SEO forum and community so take their advice.
  29. No Profile Picture

you have to first do proper On page and then submit your site to directories it will help you..

Comments on this post

• barlow1984 : That will have minimal impact for a site.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: