1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Need Advice. How to avoid to be recognized as duplicating site?

Hello Gurus!
    I need advice on following issue.
    I am building Business Portal System, which will have multiple services. I will be launching several Portals very soon. Each Portal will cover certain Industry, have separate domain and might have separate IP. All Portals will use common Data Base.
    Certain Categories could be presented in one or more sites and this is my main concern because i can only quess how Google and Other guys like that detect duplicating sites. My sites will not be duplicating, but certain risk to be mistakely recorgnized as duplicating site is still exist. This is what I am trying to avoid.
    There will be no redirection tricks or anything like that. Most of code will be separate for local Industry Portal, but there will be certain features that will be controlled from the central Admin.
    I need this advice right now before i am done because I need to purchase production hosting service/s.
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by gmil
    I am building Business Portal System, which will have multiple services. I will be launching several Portals very soon. Each Portal will cover certain Industry, have separate domain and might have separate IP. All Portals will use common Data Base. Certain Categories could be presented in one or more sites and this is my main concern because i can only quess how Google and Other guys like that detect duplicating sites. My sites will not be duplicating, but certain risk to be mistakely recorgnized as duplicating site is still exist. This is what I am trying to avoid.
    IMHO, it is hard to say with this amount of info. If the amount of database information on the page is minimal, I'd suggest that you would probably be able to avoid penalties. If it is the substantial part of the page, it might bite you. I've seen it happen both ways recently, and telling you where that line is isn't possible and it could move if G loosens or tightens its definition of duplicate material.

You might consider adding fields that are unique to each use of the database so that when they show up, they add to the differentiation between sites. I've seen where syndicated newspapers will offer varied opening paragraphs, and that is enough to give lose the duplication penalty.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Hello gmil.
    >and might have separate IP.
    If you are worried about duplicate content, I would recommend that.

- Mike T.
  7. unused title
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Bottom line, if each portal tackles a different topic, and none of your pages are going to be the same, then you dont have a problem. Just make sure a good % of each page contains unique content.