Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

My website ranking suddenly dropped from top 10 to Not in list ???

As we know google has made number of changes in algorithm and latest updation in panda and penguine. But my site was not affected at that time now in the month on November my 40 keywords which are in top 10 is now out of list.

i checked all the possibilities but couldn't find any issue. Please suggest me your valuable suggestion and points that i have to use while made attempt to check my website.

Thanks

Kaitlyn whitton
  3. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

Hello fivestarmusic,

Can you share your web site URL????

Gary
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by gary001
    Hello fivestarmusic,

Gary
    I am taking a guess that the url is fivestarmusic.com.au

That's what I am looking at
    Last edited by zico82; Nov 5th, 2012 at 06:22 AM.
  7. Traffic drop sleuth. :)
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Any warnings in your WMT? Do you know what exact date your traffic dropped?
    THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO UNNATURAL LINKS RECOVERY by Dr. Marie Haynes.
    Click here to sign up for my Google Penalty Newsletter.
    Traffic Drop Audits. and Unnatural links penalty recovery help.
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by gary001
    Hello fivestarmusic,

Gary
    Thanks Gary

My website url is fivestarmusicdotcomdotau (here dot=.)after google panda and penguin update we done all most high pr and quality back link. and recently i got that massive dropped and lost 40 keywords form top 10 ranking.

i would also like to tell you that i got one message form GWMT is "Over the last 24 hours, Googlebot encountered 52 errors while attempting to retrieve DNS information for your site. The overall error rate for DNS queries for your site is 5.5%."

Is there any other way to check what update and factor matter for these changes.
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Dr.Marie
    Any warnings in your WMT? Do you know what exact date your traffic dropped?
    Hi

Yes, GWMT tool show me the error and message "Over the last 24 hours, Googlebot encountered 52 errors while attempting to retrieve DNS information for your site. The overall error rate for DNS queries for your site is 5.5%."

And the traffic which i was lost from 27th October 2012. still it is continuously decreasing.

Now i want my 40 keywords back in to top 10 again in this months is there any on pages change we need to do ?

Your valuable suggestion are open for it ...Thanks
  13. Always ready to learn..

Originally Posted by fivestarmusic
    Hi

Yes, GWMT tool show me the error and message "Over the last 24 hours, Googlebot encountered 52 errors while attempting to retrieve DNS information for your site. The overall error rate for DNS queries for your site is 5.5%."

And the traffic which i was lost from 27th October 2012. still it is continuously decreasing.

Now i want my 40 keywords back in to top 10 again in this months is there any on pages change we need to do ?

Your valuable suggestion are open for it ...Thanks
    According to GWMT, your nameserver is overloaded. May be Google bot is not able to access your whole site. So please Contact your hosting provider and discuss the configuration of your DNS server and the possibility of allocating more resources to your DNS service.

Comments on this post

• Dr.Marie agrees
  15. Traffic drop sleuth. :)

Here's what Google says about this error message:

http://productforums.google.com/foru...g/1SjW5QuLOE8J

The nameserver is basically the company that stores your domain name. So, when I type in www.example.com, the nameserver directs me to the server where that website is hosted.

So, as I understand it, if Google is trying to access your site and the nameserver is overloaded then they can't see your pages. Google wouldn't want to present searchers with a website that often doesn't load, so it's likely going to show your site lower.

However, I'm not an expert in nameservers. I would contact your host and ask for advice. You may want to consider moving your domain name elsewhere.

If the problem persists then we could go looking into other reasons for traffic drops like Penguin/Panda, but I think it's probably because of the problem Google has accessing your site.

Comments on this post

• dreamingrahul agrees
  17. No Profile Picture

Hi, Dr.Marie
    Thanks for all your efforts i would like to tell you my website is the product based website and i found that some of the online selling site copied my product description content around 30 to 45 words. so is it matter ? ? i am not getting more error from GWMT.
  19. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

i would like to tell you my website is the product based website and i found that some of the online selling site copied my product description content around 30 to 45 words. so is it matter ? ? i am not getting more error from GWMT.
    That shouldn't be an issue as Google has probably seen your website is the original source.

But just because your error messages have stopped doesn't mean the issue has gone away. If your site is slow to load this will affect your rankings as well.

Nip over to Pingdom and set up a free account. After a couple of weeks review it to see how well your site is performing.
    Learn SEO and Online Marketing with Doodleddoes or follow me on Google+ at https://plus.google.com/+TimHillDoodled/
  21. No Profile Picture

Look in the Google Webmaster Tools Account

Hi,

If your rankings dropped suddenly, may be Google has warned you in your webmaster tools account of the problem or you must not be implementing good SEO practices. If you tell us what are you implementing then we can help.

Comments on this post

• dreamingrahul : Will you please read all threads???
  23. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Doodled
    That shouldn't be an issue as Google has probably seen your website is the original source.

But just because your error messages have stopped doesn't mean the issue has gone away. If your site is slow to load this will affect your rankings as well.

Nip over to Pingdom and set up a free account. After a couple of weeks review it to see how well your site is performing.
    Thanks,

I checked my site loading time and it is near about 3 to 5 second, still not able to find the correct issue for ranking ...
  25. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

I checked my site loading time and it is near about 3 to 5 second, still not able to find the correct issue for ranking ...
    Not quite what I was getting at. Pingdom will tell you how often your website goes down and for how long. You really want an uptime of 99%+

It will also tell you how fast your server is in responding to requests over a given time period. Should be circa 500-700 ms.

However that is all by-the-by and unlikely to be the core reason why you have lost your rankings.

I suspect we are looking at duplicate content here, common in shopping sites.

I just searched "Engineered with the live performer in mind, the WA30's features" (with quotes for an exact match) and there are 7,610 websites with that phrase.

So - is any of the text on your website written by you or have you just taken the bulk standard product description? If it's the latter it's time to write your own descriptions - you have been dinged by Google.

Then you have all sorts of other issues to contend with from incorrect use of heading tags to canonicalization. Basically your site needs an overhaul.

My advice to you would be to:
    a) Sit down and learn SEO so you can update your site
    b) Hire someone to do it
  27. Traffic drop sleuth. :)

i found that some of the online selling site copied my product description content around 30 to 45 words. so is it matter ?
    I think you're looking to find reasons for your site to be penalized, when Google has given you a huge thing to work on and that is the DNS issue.

Every site is going to have some of their homepage scraped by a few sites. I wouldn't worry about a little bit of duplication. Now, if you had a pile of duplicated articles that you took from other sites then that's more serious.

Have a look at your analytics data and see if you can determine the exact date for your traffic drop. If it was after September 27th then there was a Panda update on that date. Or, if it was after November 5th then there was one on that date. If it wasn't on either of those dates then it wasn't Panda and you would be silly to put a lot of time and effort into chasing after Panda related things to fix.
  29. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

fivestar...you need to get that fixed before you go changing your site.

Your test results:

Perf. grade 88/100 | Requests 115 | Load time 7.66 s | Page size 1.9 mb
    Your website is slower than 87% of all tested websites

Ran mine for comparison, which is no wheres near as big:

Perf. grade 88/100 | Requests 25 | Load time 931 ms | Page size 154.6kB
    Your website is faster than 90% of all tested websites
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: