Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by Doodled
    Not quite what I was getting at. Pingdom will tell you how often your website goes down and for how long. You really want an uptime of 99%+

It will also tell you how fast your server is in responding to requests over a given time period. Should be circa 500-700 ms.

However that is all by-the-by and unlikely to be the core reason why you have lost your rankings.

I suspect we are looking at duplicate content here, common in shopping sites.

I just searched "Engineered with the live performer in mind, the WA30's features" (with quotes for an exact match) and there are 7,610 websites with that phrase.

So - is any of the text on your website written by you or have you just taken the bulk standard product description? If it's the latter it's time to write your own descriptions - you have been dinged by Google.

Then you have all sorts of other issues to contend with from incorrect use of heading tags to canonicalization. Basically your site needs an overhaul.

My advice to you would be to:
    a) Sit down and learn SEO so you can update your site
    b) Hire someone to do it
    I found that

Perf. grade 88/100 | Requests 115 | Load time 10.15 s | Page size 1.9 mb
    Your website is slower than 87% of all tested websites

So, it should be server related error i have to consult my hosting provider. what you think ???
  3. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Dr.Marie
    I think you're looking to find reasons for your site to be penalized, when Google has given you a huge thing to work on and that is the DNS issue.

Every site is going to have some of their homepage scraped by a few sites. I wouldn't worry about a little bit of duplication. Now, if you had a pile of duplicated articles that you took from other sites then that's more serious.

Have a look at your analytics data and see if you can determine the exact date for your traffic drop. If it was after September 27th then there was a Panda update on that date. Or, if it was after November 5th then there was one on that date. If it wasn't on either of those dates then it wasn't Panda and you would be silly to put a lot of time and effort into chasing after Panda related things to fix.
    Yes, Marie

May be you are right, i checked it now i want to know that is there any tool to find out what update was affected to my website. as you say that i have to consult my hosting provider and need to solve loading issue. what you suggest ??
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Test-ok
    fivestar...you need to get that fixed before you go changing your site.

Your test results:

Perf. grade 88/100 | Requests 115 | Load time 7.66 s | Page size 1.9 mb
    Your website is slower than 87% of all tested websites

Ran mine for comparison, which is no wheres near as big:

Perf. grade 88/100 | Requests 25 | Load time 931 ms | Page size 154.6kB
    Your website is faster than 90% of all tested websites
    You are absolutely right i also checked it and found the same result so i have to consult my hosting provider and need to solve all that issue...what you suggest for it...
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You are saying that your website haven't penalized yet. You should drop message through Google Webmaster's Account. Then Google will check and reply you back What is the reason exactly?
  9. Traffic drop sleuth. :)
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

is there any tool to find out what update was affected to my website.
    Go back and read the dates that I mentioned before. If there was an obvious traffic drop on any of those dates (in organic traffic) on your analytics then this can tell you if an update has affected your site. If that doesn't make sense then you may need to hire someone to have a look at your site and figure it out for you.

Not all traffic drops are due to a Google update though. Fix the DNS issues first before you go looking for zebras. (or Pandas or Penguins).

Comments on this post

• dreamingrahul agrees
  11. No Profile Picture

Here i would like to share my site visit graph which will show the traffic with google panda and penguin update..have look and welcome your suggetion.
  13. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

This looks like a Google algo update - possibly Panda#21 from November 5th which was aimed at removing sites with copied content or thin content.

As per my earlier post - your site has a huge amount of copied content...
    Learn SEO and Online Marketing with Doodleddoes or follow me on Google+ at https://plus.google.com/+TimHillDoodled/
  15. No Profile Picture

Now its after a week some of the keywords ranking again slowly but i can't say it's a recovery of my site...
  17. No Profile Picture

Now 6 keywords again come in ranking but not sure what's going on as GWMT show DNS error 5.5%
  19. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by fivestarmusic
    Now 6 keywords again come in ranking but not sure what's going on as GWMT show DNS error 5.5%

Hey fivestar, I have 2 questions for you.

1. What was the date that Googlebot couldn't access your site.

and

2. Do you use Godaddy as your hosting provider.

If the answer to #2 is YES, and the answer to #1 is 9/11/12, then that is the date that Godaddy was taken down & EVERYBODY hosted by them has a bad error rate for that day. Anyway, just a thought since you said that it occurred only once. I noticed mine last month & it took me a couple of days before it dawned on me that is what had happened.
  21. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by jumpingjay
    Hey fivestar, I have 2 questions for you.

and

If the answer to #2 is YES, and the answer to #1 is 9/11/12, then that is the date that Godaddy was taken down & EVERYBODY hosted by them has a bad error rate for that day. Anyway, just a thought since you said that it occurred only once. I noticed mine last month & it took me a couple of days before it dawned on me that is what had happened.
    Hi,

On 10/28/2012 google trying to access my site and for

No, i am not using Godaddy

What you think because we are not finding any major issue in my site ?
  23. No Profile Picture

Now its almost 1 and half month and my ranking is back with the almost same position in top 10 with less number of efforts on backlink and did not do any updation in server side...so whats call it ??
  25. Traffic drop sleuth. :)
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Most likely the issues you had with DNS resolving were temporary. While they were happening, Google had issues with accessing your site. They didn't want to show searchers a site that had poor reliability so they demoted it. But, now that the issue is resolved, you're able to rank again.
  27. No Profile Picture

I think the sudden drop of ranking on your website is because of the Google Panda update. In case if you don't know, Google Panda update aims to lower the rank of those low quality website and that load slowly. In fact, that is what I've encountered on my website. Basically, I just followed the directions inside the Panda Breakthrough program to recover my website. Fortunately, it did recovered. He breaks down what exactly Google wanted and instructed me on what necessary task to do. Although I've done several modification such its navigation, design, its content and etc. It's really worth it because my website doubled its ranking.
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page: