1. SEO Learner
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

My Website Ranking Dropped to 600

Sorry for creating duplicate content , But I really want some suggestions on this

2nd website : goo.gl/hYsSy (which has been redirected to old domain as suggestion of "I know nothing" pls read this thread: Google Groups)
    Disavow file : http://goo.gl/EGnKO
    Analytic Rep: Please check attached file (Traffic dropped by Jan)

Please read this discussion from Google webmaster help forum

Me:
    Hello,

I have been optimizing a website which is : goo.gl/9CDA3, and the performance was quite good but last 2-3 months it was very poor. Because I'm optimizing it more than 2 years I know what bad link building practices has been done on this site, So thought it may be affecting due to past bad links and I have to remove them

I used Google disavow tool to remove the links, and now most of them has been removed

In the meanwhile:
    I blocked the another site goo.gl/hYsSy which was created to get ranked (had Original content)
    I have redirect the site to main webiste: [/url]http://goo.gl/9CDA3[/url]
    I have disavow all the poor links (poor directories, article sites etc)
    Recently the website design has been changes (it's been 10-12 days i guess)
    Now I have been trying to clean errors in Google webmaster tool, creating quality backlinks through guest blogging only
    Should I remove blocked site: goo.gl/hYsSy ... Please read this discussion
    Should I remove the Google disavow file ?

There is no errors in GWT, Most of backlinks been removed and have been trying to get high quality backlinks only

I need help to diagnose the exact problem, Please help me
    Lysis
    Did you get a notice of unnatural backlinks? I just see you mentioning using the disavow tool, but I don't see anywhere where you mention removing links. Just using the disavow tool doesn't work.
    Me:
    No, I haven't received that notification.. but because the ranking was going to down I thought it may be because of poor links i created in past.. So I put those in that file

here is the file:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...4eS11TlE#gid=0

What Google says:
    We recommend that you only disavow backlinks if you believe you have a considerable number of spammy, artificial, or low-quality links pointing to your site, and if you are confident that the links are causing issues for you.

Yes, I believe that all links I have mentioned in the file are spam or low quality pointing to my site

I tried to remove bad links from bad forums since i have the login detaisl and can change the signature easily but really can't remove the bad links from directories or article sites.

Don't you think new design or content can be issues? I really appreciate your help
    Every reply and suggestions will appreciated
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

You should not use the disavow tool unless you received a notice for unnatural links.
    Here's what I thinks happening...Many people like you are using this tool and disavow links that are in turn losing juice and they aren't bad, in turn who ever that site was linking to will also lose juice...hence the trickle down effect. The more people who use that tool will be creating a lose of link juice to all kinds of sites.
    You need to build your link profile back up. Perhaps you need to look at your anchor text as well, it might be way out a wack now, because others are using the tool incorrectly (link some of the sites that were linking to you).
    I hope that makes sense.
  5. I Never Finish Anythi
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Just ran a quick backlink profile check for your domain and perhaps, I'd admit, all the links I am able to see are from either forum posts, Article submissions, or Blog commenting.

Here are a quick samples for the same:

community.expatica.com/forums/topic/31462/irish-cars - Click Here? Seriously?? In a completely irrelevant context??!!

myfamilytravels.com/forum/thread/46013 - yes, you are better off disvowing these..

webmasterforums.com/44939-hotellasuite.html - Webmaster forums?

bing.com/community/webmaster/f/12248/t/664708.aspx - bing forums?

sooperarticles.com/travel-articles/hotels-lodging-articles/7-tips-great-hotel-rates-175140.html

Actually, There a lot more and I'd save the homework part for you.. Just run a quick backlink profile check for your website using BackLinkWatch or other similar tools.. See for yourself.. 99% of the links are coming from Forum signatures/spam posts and blog comments, including articles..

I might not be wrong in assuming that your website has been hit by one of the Panda refreshes..

Disavowing will be of little help..More of it will be from Building quality links. Hotels/ BnB is a very vast and huge theme and you can actually get a large set of quality links with a little effort..

Run a promo, offer discount codes, use groupon type sites.. Divert traffic to your website, indulge in a bit of offline marketing.. All you need is some high quality Links to start with.. Because, the one's your website have had, are done and over with passing on whatsoever they could.

Well Basically, that's how it goes for 99% of your backlink profile.. I'd be skeptical with doing anything else first, then to improve the backlink profile manifolds, at first..!

Good Luck, Hope that helps.

Comments on this post

• imlearner agrees : Thanks
    Last edited by lovekills_s; Jan 23rd, 2013 at 03:57 AM.
    Link Diary - Build Links Fast & Easy. Similar to Linkmarket, with option of three way link exchange and anchor rotation.

**"Save SEO Industry - GO VIRAL!! - Tips and Tricks ."**
    **"Live, not just to survive, But to Rule."**
  7. SEO Learner

Originally Posted by Test-ok
    You should not use the disavow tool unless you received a notice for unnatural links.
    Here's what I thinks happening...Many people like you are using this tool and disavow links that are in turn losing juice and they aren't bad, in turn who ever that site was linking to will also lose juice...hence the trickle down effect. The more people who use that tool will be creating a lose of link juice to all kinds of sites.
    You need to build your link profile back up. Perhaps you need to look at your anchor text as well, it might be way out a wack now, because others are using the tool incorrectly (link some of the sites that were linking to you).
    I hope that makes sense.
    Thanks, as per your advice I have removed the Google disavow file, will update it if received any link warning
  9. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Sending in a disavow list when you don't have a manual penalty is just telling on yourself. Kinda like raising your own red flag.
  11. SEO Learner

Thanks Test Ok

actually I took Google disavow tool very seriously since my website was performing a bit poor, I though that because I created poor backlinks in past.

I read what Google says:
    We recommend that you only disavow backlinks if you believe you have a considerable number of spammy, artificial, or low-quality links pointing to your site, and if you are confident that the links are causing issues for you.

I never thought that doing 100% according to them may cause to loss correct traffic

My website is much better than my competitors, links are good as compare to competitors but still they are ranked higher. Even some of them are going link exchange & junk submission

well, It was very frustrated for me, that why I decided to use Disavow tool (I thought I will work for me)

Please leave this thread open, I have removed the disavow file and waiting for recovery... Once it's recovered, Will report HERE
  13. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

One of the most important aspects of SEO is simply staying dedicated to the process. You must be vigilant in keeping up to date with new tactics as search engines are known to change their tactics regularly. Also, if you don't regularly modify your site, it will become stagnant and drop in the rankings.