1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

My site got drop in search engine traffic

Hi,
    I noticed that my website graphicmania(dot)net has significant decrease in search engines traffic starting from August 2nd. The site was working fine and the only change that I add was that I added an image sitemap in addition to the current links sitemap in Google Webmasters tool.

In the normal range, I used to get 7.500 from the Google Organic and 460 from Google referral every day, but I noticed the the traffic drop to 3.400 for Google organic and 156 from Google referral in August 3rd.

The other thing that I noticed is that the search queries impressions in the GWT has dropped to zero and it does not show any impressions since August 1st.

I checked the Site Google keyword rank and it does not change. Also, I checked my major search keywords and it looks fine too.

Thank you for your help.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I just would like to mention that the traffic drop affects the search engine traffic only (Google, Yahoo and Bing).
    Thanks
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

My clients say that when they search for my sites on Google, they got redirect to a malware site.

I searched the .htaccess and it looks fine. How can I scan the Wordpress site for DB injection? or other script injection to the site?
  7. Traffic drop sleuth. :)
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Yup. A malware problem is definitely going to affect your traffic. Do you have a malware warning in WMT? If so, sometimes that can give you clues on how to get rid of it.

We had a good discussion in this thread about things you can do. Some malware is easy to get rid of (just find the injected code and remove it), and some not so much.
  9. No Profile Picture

Use AntiVirus for WordPress to protect your website install against exploits, malware and spam injections.