1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Is my site being penalised by google

Hi,

Is there any way of telling if google is penalising my site? I was nearing page 2 for the search term "voucher codes" but now I'm nowhere?

I'm thinking maybe I've over used the search term "voucher codes" but this wasn't a problem a few weeks ago?

I know my site is still in the index because if I search for myukvouchercodes then my site appears in the listings?

Kind Regards,
    Steve
  3. Roll the dice.. and live
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by C2B_Steve
    Is my site being penalised by google
    There have been some quite significant re-ordering of SERPs that seems to have coincided with the last PR update going on. In the SERPs I watch I have seen many sites fall as well as rise. You site may be just a part of this overall change.

Google only penalises if you have broken their TOS. Overuse of keywords does not normally bring a penalty as their is no need to penalise for this. The algo just ignores it already so no penalty is necessary as it has no significant effect on SERPs.

Rankings drops of a few pages are not penalties. They are simply result of algo tweaks or Link Juice changes. The net is changing all the time holding a position for a while is no guarantee you will continue to hold it.

Having said that if you are doing BH/GH things then you should expect a drop when the algo/google finaly catches up to you. On this board we see posts all the time of people who have using questionable techniques see the rankings drop and then come crying on this board about how hard done by they are. BH/GH is like visiting a hooker as compared to finding a lover. They both give you a good time but one is quick, fleeting and quite pointless the other offers a chance at a long term fulfilling relationship. You are also much more likely to catch a 'penalty' from the working girl...

Having no other info about your site I would think a penalty is less likely if all you have done is a bit of keyword stuffing.

Try site:wwwyoursite.com if you come up you have not been banned at least... ie always practice safe SEO ......

Comments on this post

• pagi agrees : LOL that hooker analogy is nearly as good as EGOL's war analogies!
    Live the moment
  5. learn from lurking
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

i don't think that your site is penalized... thats usually normal for a new site or if you make some update...
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Thanks for the replies...