1. Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Unhappy My position is changing every day, WHY???

How long is the G Dance? I remeber i've reed somhewere that begin on 20 of the curent month and it end on 3 next month. It's that corect?
    If that's corect why for more than 1 month my postion is changing every day. When I'm loking in cached I see a new date of last visit from google.
    From more than 2 weeks i removed the "<meta name="revisit-after" content="1 days">" tag, and G still visiting me every day and changing my position. WHY? PLese HELP!!!

PS: Best position-2 page, last position
    Worst position-7 page, middle position

The changing is not just backward, it's a "z" move, backward, forward, backward, forward.

Thanks.
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

There's no Google dance as such anymore. What you're seeing is the result of different Datacentres feeding Google. It's pretty normally to see such variations.

You can check the various datacentres using mcdar's tool

http://www.mcdar.net/dance/index.php
    Derryt
  5. http://tinyurl.com/cz56g
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Surely you are not complaining about G-bot visiting every day ;) Get used to it.

Google is doing some major tweaking right now. Furthermore, your place in the serps not only depends on YOU, but also on your "competitors". If they optimize efficiently today, they could rise tomorrow...

But a major shift like you're talking about could (I say: COULD) have something to do with duplicate content. G might feel your pages and someone else's are quite similar (they don't have to be the same, or even partly copied). Then they tend to alternatively show the one page, then the other in the SERPS.

You could check for pages similar to yours using copyscape.com ... Good luck.
  7. Registered User

Originally Posted by Wit
    Surely you are not complaining about G-bot visiting every day ;) Get used to it.

Google is doing some major tweaking right now. Furthermore, your place in the serps not only depends on YOU, but also on your "competitors". If they optimize efficiently today, they could rise tomorrow...
    I know for sure, that until 01.08.2004 G was visited me one time / month, I knew that I must wait one month to see that the changes I've made was good or bad. If the changes were good I knew I will stay in a good position for at least one month. Now....changes every day......(
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Results can fluctuate every day. You just have to get used to it
  11. No Profile Picture
    I'm in supplementary hell
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by Amphytrion
    I know for sure, that until 01.08.2004 G was visited me one time / month, I knew that I must wait one month to see that the changes I've made was good or bad. If the changes were good I knew I will stay in a good position for at least one month. Now....changes every day......(

Well at least if you mess up you don't have to wait one month before it is fixed.

Generally, a site that gets visited daily is a PR5 - so maybe you have had your PR upgraded
  13. Registered User

Originally Posted by leeds1
    Well at least if you mess up you don't have to wait one month before it is fixed.

Generally, a site that gets visited daily is a PR5 - so maybe you have had your PR upgraded
    I wish.... is a PR3 with all 60 subpages PR3.

I forget to tell, this hapend just with the index.html, all other pages have one visit/month.
  15. http://tinyurl.com/cz56g
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Amphytrion, don't look at your G toolbar for actual PR. Check Ggl directory instead if you are listed. It may not be today's PR but it's regarded to give you a newer estimate (since the toolbar indicator hasn't been updated for months now).

So you might have PR5 for your home page without realizing ;)
  17. The Master
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Everflux, my results sometimes go up and down every time i run a search.

concentrate on getting a few more links and hope you settle down (or up should i say)

try to target a wider range of terms as well, dont be dependent on one term.