1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

My next question...

First, I just want to thank everyone at SEO Chat for your help. I've learned more about SEO in 6 weeks than any other topic in my life. I'm even getting to the point where I can answer some of the questions on the board. For instance, I know Title, keywords, H1, body text! Got that down.

My question is on G. I found the allintext tool on this forum and tried it out this morning. When I search on G for my main keywords I'm on the 1st or 2nd page every time with allintext. However, I'm like 150 - 250 or worse without it. The site is fairly new (2-3 months), but does have a PR4 now and so does all the inner pages. Does this mean that I have a filter on me? I take it that I'm stuck with this for 2-3 more months or is it something else?

I rank on the 1st page for Yahoo for these words, but like I said, I'm in the gutter for the words I'm really targeting.

What does everyone thing?
  3. hctibselgoogtonmai
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Allintext is ust one factor. Generally I value allinanchor more. If you're at the top for the allins's text/anchor/title and significantl lower in the SERP's than you may rightly think there's a filter applied. I certainly wouldn't be concerned at all until the 4th month as it does seem to take awhile for your links to effect SERP's.

McDar has a handy allin check on his DC tools. http://www.mcdar.net/dance/index.php
    My Favorite Tools: Web CEO - Ranking Reports, Keyword Research, Link Analysis | Hosting.com - U.S. Windows Hosting | ISAPI Rewrite - Rewrite & Redirect for Windows
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by FogHorn
    Allintext is ust one factor. Generally I value allinanchor more. If you're at the top for the allins's text/anchor/title and significantl lower in the SERP's than you may rightly think there's a filter applied. I certainly wouldn't be concerned at all until the 4th month as it does seem to take awhile for your links to effect SERP's.

McDar has a handy allin check on his DC tools. http://www.mcdar.net/dance/index.php
    This is exactly the tool that got my head spinning. We show up near the top for allintext but aren't even close on the others. Any suggestions?
  7. hctibselgoogtonmai
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

When seeking links request your keywords in the anchor text to improve allinanchor. If your keywords are present in your title, the allintitle command reflects how you rank against others using the same keywords (a more accurate reflection of your competition than records returned by google). A little time, more links with desired anchors and all should improve.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks to SEO Chat... all my links have good anchor text now. I've only been doing that for 30 days, so I know that will take a little time.