Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Unhappy My main keyword has disappeared from google!

I am not sure whats happening here, I have been working on one of my keyword for last 6 months, which reached no.6 on first page of google and was driving me lot of traffic. I checked yesterday and now its nowhere to be seen.

Can someone help me or suggest whats happening here?

Dave
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

How long were you there?

What kind of links do you have?
  5. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Hi nd,

Honestly? Yes... Everybody can probably suggest what might be happening... But - without more information - you'll end up with a list of a million possible reasons why your rankings might drop, and/or a million questions!

You need to give (a lot) more information and you should also first read the relevant sticky (in this forum).
    ClickyB
    "The quality of the visitor is more important than the volume..." (Egol 22nd Feb 2008)
    [New to SEO/SeoChat?] [Canonical Problems?] [Forum Rules & Posting Guidelines]
  7. No Profile Picture
    Noj
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Also give it 48 hours befopre really winging., Sometimes google just glicthes/is cruel and you pop right back in 2 days later.
  9. No Profile Picture

Its called google dance, dont worry your site would be back up on #6 postion soon, however I recommend that you keep adding unique conent on your site & build high quality one way backlinks...

Comments on this post

• Spaggie : What manner of tosh is this?
    • SEOtools agrees
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

jsteel

It was there for almost 6 months. I have god some very good backlinks and content. Its just out of the blue its disappeared.
    Originally Posted by jsteele823
    How long were you there?

What kind of links do you have?
    Hi Mate,

Thanks for your advice. I have been doing that here quite often and have been through all the stickies. The reason I posted here is because, its been over 3 days now and the keyword has disappeared. I wouldn't want to share information of my keywords publicly, but if you can help in figuring out, I will be more than happy to send you a PM.
    Originally Posted by ClickyB
    Hi nd,

Honestly? Yes... Everybody can probably suggest what might be happening... But - without more information - you'll end up with a list of a million possible reasons why your rankings might drop, and/or a million questions!

You need to give (a lot) more information and you should also first read the relevant sticky (in this forum).
    Its been almost 3 days, thats the reason I am worried now.
    Originally Posted by Noj
    Also give it 48 hours befopre really winging., Sometimes google just glicthes/is cruel and you pop right back in 2 days later.
    Hi profitbryan,

Thanks for suggestion. I regularly add unique content and work on one way backlinking.
    Originally Posted by profitbryan
    Its called google dance, dont worry your site would be back up on #6 postion soon, however I recommend that you keep adding unique conent on your site & build high quality one way backlinks...
  13. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Try to add some contents or better change it if possible. Then continue on building inbound links. This time, look for a more quality sites. Remember not to over your link building, Sometimes, too much link building can hurt your rankings.
  15. shuffle up and deal
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by profitbryan
    Its called google dance
    No it's not.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I am regularly adding unique articles to my own website rather than for others. It has been helping me all this while. I have also been building inbound links in limit and not over doing it.
    Originally Posted by lailascott
    Try to add some contents or better change it if possible. Then continue on building inbound links. This time, look for a more quality sites. Remember not to over your link building, Sometimes, too much link building can hurt your rankings.
    hmmm... Its been over 4 days now, and i doubt if its coming back. All my other keywords are still in place and are sending traffic.
    Originally Posted by lewisdb
    No it's not.
  19. No Profile Picture

Keep building good quality backlinks. And if you have been active in any kind of spam backlink method. Just stop it. And try to get fresh quality backlinks.

Update your website with fresh content. And optimize it according to Google Webmaster Guidelines.

If it is because of Google Updates then it may take some time (might be few weeks). Because the changes Google may have implemented could be fixed till next update. And your website might not be fulfilling the factors updated in the new update.

Wait for few days and if not get ranking back start experimenting different white hat SEO techniques (if unable to find the solution).
  21. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

I can only surmise we're talking about a Directory site here?
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

hi spaggie

No my website is not a directory website. Its a classified website catering to Indian audiences with close to 20k visitors a month and 100,000 pageloads.
    Originally Posted by Spaggie
    I can only surmise we're talking about a Directory site here?
    Hi manoj,

As mentioned before I have been doing it. I am following a very straight forward method to linkbuilding. 'Writing unique content'. My website is updated daily with lot of new content etc.

I guess the reason is due to google updates the keyword has disappeared, guess I will have to wait and watch.

Originally Posted by manojgoure
    Keep building good quality backlinks. And if you have been active in any kind of spam backlink method. Just stop it. And try to get fresh quality backlinks.

Update your website with fresh content. And optimize it according to Google Webmaster Guidelines.

If it is because of Google Updates then it may take some time (might be few weeks). Because the changes Google may have implemented could be fixed till next update. And your website might not be fulfilling the factors updated in the new update.

Wait for few days and if not get ranking back start experimenting different white hat SEO techniques (if unable to find the solution).
  25. Contributing User

Does your keyphrase have proximity to a recognised brand

Is your keyphrase still there but on page 6 or something lower (do an advanced search and set it to 100 ranks per serp and then do a page search using the browser find function to find quickly)

Have you changed your navigation to cater for all these new pages you are writing

?
    Last edited by Spaggie; Sep 14th, 2009 at 08:59 AM.
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

not at all, its a very generic keyword. It just disappeared and doesn't exist on any page, I have checked it so many times. Surprisingly it was no 6. on page 1 when someone searched for it.

Originally Posted by Spaggie
    Does your keyphrase have proximity to a recognised brand

Is your keyphrase still there but on page 6 or something lower

?
  29. Contributing User

Have you checked all data centres?

Have you checked all Google tld's?
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page: