1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

My company is number 1 on CompaniesList.co.uk and other indexers, how do I correct?

Hi Chaps,

I registered a company name. Unfortunately due to NDA I can't say the exact name (I know that's anti-openness capitalism for you).

So I registered the company name MyCompany Ltd. I purchased the domain name MyCompany.com and MyCompany.co.uk (I have not released the website yet).

Without doing anything the many indexing sites have scraped Companies House. So when I search for MyCompany on Google the first thing that comes up is all of these indexing sites with information about my company. Now here is the problem. The company is registered at my house. But we are going to be running training courses from offices in London. So I don't really want people to search for my company and then be hit with 10 sites which show my home address and more importantly a picture of my brown house haha.

This looks like I'm operating the business from my house. Which effectively I am but all courses will be run in proper offices in London. This will be what the website has on it.

So my question is how do I get Google to come up with most links on the first page that show anything other than the indexing sites?

Is this just a case of me creating enough of an online presence that those links are essentially moved down the list?

Any advice much appreciated....

Dave
  3. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Posting publicly available data isn't scraping it is simply acknowledging there is something being done on this domain.

Once you have a website running you can develop your social circle, Google+, Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, LinkedIn and if you target your company name in each I guarantee you'll have the top 10 positions locked in for your profiles and a few pages for your domain.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I agree with Fathom. Once you launch your site and start creating the various social accounts, your real company content will quickly take over those search results.

Comments on this post

• fathom agrees : No guesswork in that whatsoever!
  7. No Profile Picture

Copy protect your content by not allowing the users to copy ur details