1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Multiple Recip links to/from multiple pages

I'm curious to hear other's thoughts on this.

I have several sites on the same topic and optimized for the same/similar phrases. Currently they have a linking strategy in which some have recip links : A links to B and B links to A, and some have circular linking: A links to B, B links to C, C links to A.

In order to create more deep linking, I am testing a couple sites where 1 site (A) gives a single link to a second site's (B) home page. But site B links from several lower, themed pages (www.siteb.com/theme1.html, www.siteb.com/theme2.html, etc.) to the same themed pages on site A (www.sitea.com/theme1.html, www.sitea.com/theme2.html, etc.). The content on the 2 sites is 80%+ unique.

I have tested multiple links from 1 page to another and found no value. I've also tried multiple links from multiple pages to a single page on another site with varying results. Has anyone experimented with multiple links from different pages of one site to different pages on another? If so, I would love to hear your findings/thoughts.

Thanks
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

linking strategy

Have you tried blackhatting with spam type sites and using a circular linking strategy with those and you client sites?

Just curious.....

Originally Posted by brandall
    I'm curious to hear other's thoughts on this.

I have several sites on the same topic and optimized for the same/similar phrases. Currently they have a linking strategy in which some have recip links : A links to B and B links to A, and some have circular linking: A links to B, B links to C, C links to A.

In order to create more deep linking, I am testing a couple sites where 1 site (A) gives a single link to a second site's (B) home page. But site B links from several lower, themed pages (www.siteb.com/theme1.html, www.siteb.com/theme2.html, etc.) to the same themed pages on site A (www.sitea.com/theme1.html, www.sitea.com/theme2.html, etc.). The content on the 2 sites is 80%+ unique.

I have tested multiple links from 1 page to another and found no value. I've also tried multiple links from multiple pages to a single page on another site with varying results. Has anyone experimented with multiple links from different pages of one site to different pages on another? If so, I would love to hear your findings/thoughts.

Thanks
  5. No Profile Picture
    Honesty is my only excuse
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

"Have you tried blackhatting with spam type sites "

what are you talking about?
  7. No Profile Picture
    EGOL
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

I think that if these are all belong to you and you are linking just two or three like this it will work fine. I have similar on a few of my own sites.

However, I would not do this with a large network of sites. And I would not exchage big linkage with another site that is heavily interlinked in a large network. If google does not like their interlinking then you are part of it.
    * "It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain
    * "Free advice isn't worth much. Cheap advice is worth even less." EGOL
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

But site B links from several lower, themed pages (www.siteb.com/theme1.html, www.siteb.com/theme2.html, etc.) to the same themed pages on site A (www.sitea.com/theme1.html, www.sitea.com/theme2.html, etc.).
    How do you link? That is, where do you put the link on the page?

Is it a link inside an interesting article about something related to the content of the page the link points to, or does it appear in a doorway-style block of links?

The content on the 2 sites is 80%+ unique.
    This is good. But wrong or eccessive interlinking could potentially harm the ranking.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by EGOL
    I think that if these are all belong to you and you are linking just two or three like this it will work fine. I have similar on a few of my own sites.
    Thanks EGOL. That is exactly what I am doing. Just 2 sites, both mine, both have content about Custom Widget Services, Custom Widget Schools and Special Widgets. All 3 pages on site A link to the coresponding pages on site B. Site B has a single link to site A on its links page. (I am going to test this on to other sites with no recip link from site B to site A).

How do you link? That is, where do you put the link on the page?

Sometimes I link from within the main content, usually at the bottom with something like: Read more about These Widgets here. Other time I'll place the link in the right or lift column under other on-site links. I'll start with <h2>More Special Widget Resources</h2> and then the link.

Thanks for your feedback!