1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Multiple listings at top of serps

Hello,

I noticed some time ago that google will show a whole host of internal links to a web site if the site comes #1 in the serps. Other than being #1, I'm not sure what other factors determine this.

The clarify exactly what I'm trying to say, in google.co.uk with the kw=glow sticks. The #1 listing has about 5 other internal links directly underneath his listing and then in second place he has a separate indented listing. How has this site managed this?

My site is third (homepage) and fourth (with the indented internal page). Every so often I leap to #1 and #2. We seem to swap every week it seems lol.

But my question is, how come that when I occupy the top slot, my internal pages are not picked up and listed the same way his are?

Thanks
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Any answers on the above please? Had a look around, but not seen anything relating.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by Londoner
    Any answers on the above please? Had a look around, but not seen anything relating.
    http://forums.seochat.com/google-optimization-7/additional-info-in-google-result-93158.html
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thank you Fido.

Had a look at those posts, but it didn't help much as I'm sure you'll agree.

The concluding post is: It's just something that Google appears to do when a site is dominant in the rankings for a particular term.

Is this the only answer we can come up with?
  9. No Profile Picture
    EGOL
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

As stated in the other thread your site must be dominant in the rankings for this to happen. However, it does not seem to occur on minor keywords. I have only seen this type of listing for "important" keywords.
    * "It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain
    * "Free advice isn't worth much. Cheap advice is worth even less." EGOL
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks for the clarification, the kw's I'm targeting do have these types of listings, so I must assume this is an important kw.

However, dominance isn't simple to measure and wasn't the answer I was hoping for. I thought my site was dominant for this kw. It has spent more time in the #1 position that the other web site and ranks higher in the google.com

Totally confused lol.