Thread: Mistypings

1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Mistypings

Would google hurt me if I created a list of misspellings for some search terms on my website. Even if I made it obvious and not hidden and they were still relevant. I mean, I don't see how that can be considered spam when you have a box that says "list of misspelled words" and reverse ie for ei for some words on a product page? right? Or am I an evil bastard that should be burned alive for even the suggestion?
  3. SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Google actually recommends that you use the meta-keywords tag for mis-spelllings of your keywords. I would think they would have no problem whatsoever with you having a common mis-spellings list as long as the page provides relevant, accurate, unique content that deals with the real spelling of the word.
    CEO & Co-founder of SEOmoz
  5. Free the SB
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Two things. Building web sites for the consumer, suggests don't do misspellings. Building the site for catching all possible spellings on key word phrases suggests add some misspellings. We place a few misspellings in less obvious places in the text. At least in our case the misspellings aren't very competitive so they show up easily, without much effort. (I misspell everything) Depends on the site.

Congrats Randfish you are an avatared dude!!! You look like the late night SEO champ.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo