1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Missing Search Results

For six months I have been waiting to appear in the top 1000 search results for my very competitive kw. On Friday I finally started appearing at #25 out of 5.3m results. I also started ranking very highly for other various combinations of my kw. Business started to come in straight away and I was very happy. I thought my days of being sandboxed were over.

Late yesterday I stopped appearing again and was back with nothing. However, I noticed that the number of search results returned was very different. The number of search results returned for my kw was now 4.6m. This is 700k less than on Friday when I was ranked. This 'missing results' issue also applies to search results for other combinations of my kw that I briefly ranked very highly for.

Can anyone shed any light on what is going on here.

Many thanks
    Bluesuit
  3. No Profile Picture
    God save the Queen

At the moment Google is drawing it's results from an older version of it's cache ( still should'nt be such a huge difference in the amount of results returned though unless some data has been lost again as they rolled back their cache )

Be patient you should pop back up again in a few days time when they switch back to the newer cache ( would love to know why they do this )
  5. Contributing User

This is quite common with google. The fact that you have made the top 30 albeit for a short time for your keyword phrase is a good indicator that you are indeed out of the sandbox. Keep checking every day, as I am sure you will reappear.
  7. Contributing User

Thanks guys. Today I'm back with excellent ranking. Hope it sticks this time.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by bluesuit
    For six months I have been waiting to appear in the top 1000 search results for my very competitive kw. On Friday I finally started appearing at #25 out of 5.3m results. I also started ranking very highly for other various combinations of my kw. Business started to come in straight away and I was very happy. I thought my days of being sandboxed were over.

Late yesterday I stopped appearing again and was back with nothing. However, I noticed that the number of search results returned was very different. The number of search results returned for my kw was now 4.6m. This is 700k less than on Friday when I was ranked. This 'missing results' issue also applies to search results for other combinations of my kw that I briefly ranked very highly for.

Can anyone shed any light on what is going on here.

Many thanks
    Bluesuit
    Please keep in mind that search engine ranking is a very sophisticated and dynamic process. The search engine database gets updated and optimized every single day. Such fluctuations described by yourself here should be of no importance to you, as they are completely normal. Please also keep in mind that in order to have good rankings constantly, you have to be pretty dynamic yourself