1. Design for your VISITORS
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Exclamation Minor Title Edit on Ranking Domain

I have a domain in the top 10 for a very difficult KW. Much of my tougher competition are not e-commerce sites, but are instead informational sites.

I want to make searchers more aware I am a "selling" site. To do this I simply want to put a price in my Title for better click through rates.

Right now my title is like so

Main Keyword | No Prior SecondaryKW Required | Buy Keyword Online

I need to add a price in there somewhere but am paranoid it will affect me negativity.

Should I just add it, or should I replace a section with it? If so should put "as low as $XX.XX" or just "$XX.XX"?

Should I just forget it and be happy with my current situation?

NOTEs:

1. Description has the price already.
    2. In the past when I've ranked for this KW, I added the price at a later date to the title like I would be now, but this was 2 years ago. It did increase sales/click throughs by about 20%. I lost the position 6 months later (not knowing whether that was a direct effect or not)

Any opinions are greatly appreciated
    Fair Enough.
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

The first step is attracting then comes the convincing ( similar to the rules of courtship ;) )

Instead of putting the price on the title use words like Affordable, cool, best etc etc.And dont feel shy to capitalize it.

Since you are already on the top there is a fair chance that you must already be getting good traffic out of it.Now work on the conversions using on-page content.

Make your visitors feel that they have come to the best site on the internet for whatever product that you sell.
    I personally follow the "5 second rule" ie you only have 5 seconds to convince the visitor or else they may bump off the site.

When you are on the top ,its more important to work on the conversions than anything else and thats probably the reason why your slogged your arse to the top.
  5. Design for your VISITORS

Originally Posted by subzero27
    The first step is attracting then comes the convincing ( similar to the rules of courtship ;) )

Instead of putting the price on the title use words like Affordable, cool, best etc etc.And dont feel shy to capitalize it.

Since you are already on the top there is a fair chance that you must already be getting good traffic out of it.Now work on the conversions using on-page content.

Make your visitors feel that they have come to the best site on the internet for whatever product that you sell.
    I personally follow the "5 second rule" ie you only have 5 seconds to convince the visitor or else they may bump off the site.

When you are on the top ,its more important to work on the conversions than anything else and thats probably the reason why your slogged your arse to the top.
    Well I didn't slog up there as much as you might think It's a different domain...

I just know that many that search for this product like to see a price because there are a lot of price shoppers in this industry. A partner of mine has a site ten positions below me and we do about the same in orders, but he has the price in his Title. I'd like to think once either of us get the click; our conversion rates are very similar.

So taking this in account, still no Price in title IYO?

And I do plan to make some changes to capture the sale and follow the "5 second rule" yet I'm a little paranoid about doing that as well. I'll surely change images and spruce up the site's design but changing the intro content is a fear I have as well...gulp.
  7. Design for your VISITORS

A little help guys

Can a few more of you give me some thoughts on this please?

Any opinions or suggestions I will consider and will be greatly appreciated.

This is my favorite forum...and I want to keep it that way
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Absolutely put price. Why would you put "Inexpensive" instead of "Only $39.95" Good marketing (and yes SEO is marketing) is as specific as it can be. I add prices to all my title tags for ecommerce sites where it makes sense (and I know the price will remain constant for some time).

As long as the price goes at the end as an add on it shouldn't hurt your positions (it never has mine, but that, of course, doesn't mean it never will).

Set it up as a test as an addition at the end. Carefully track when it gets indexed and keep track of your traffic and conversions.

If you were writing an adwords ad, would you include price and how would you write? Are you trying to get a different result from your organic listing then you would from your ad?