Thread: Medium Keyword

1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Medium Keyword

How long would it take to rank number one for a medium keyword. My site is two months old and the domain age is nine months. The page has been optimized and I continue to backlink everyday for that keyword. Currently I sit on page 28.
    Last edited by barbaracruz; Dec 14th, 2011 at 05:36 PM.
  3. -
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by barbaracruz
    How long would it take to rank number one for a medium keyword. My site is two months old and the domain age is nine months. The page has been optimized and I continue to backlink everyday for that keyword. Currently I sit on page 28.
    Depends on the keyword, depends who is currently sitting on #1 spot.

So basically Its all very dependent on individual factors and there is no blanket rule.

Have to give more info really so people could give you a better answer.
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill
  5. No Profile Picture

The keyword/phrase is "tax relief", not sure what other information you would like to know. The website that has the top spot seems like they are only there because there domain is 10 years old and is "taxrelief.net". They dont have a blog so no fresh content and they have a very small amount of backlinks.
  7. Rajesh Solse

Though this domain has old content but its unique and original. and i also noticed that the site gives ads on Google's pay per click. So it would be also helping them to stay on Top.

Comments on this post

• zabalex : Adwords do not play any role in Organic Ranking
  9. No Profile Picture

Be patient

Just be patient and im sure you will get your target. Uste the google webmastertools to check how many backlinks do you have. Maybe most of them were deleted by admins ?
  11. No Profile Picture

Keyword Rank

Hello my friend,for your keyword you try to do Search Engine Submissions to which URL you are targeting that keyword.Place that keyword in the title of that URL/Page.I m sure you ll get the rank in top 10 very quick.
  13. No Profile Picture

Wow this forum really sucks... Someone ban all these stupid spammers...

Comments on this post

• PhilipSEO : Learn to use the "report spam" function. A bigger part of why this forum has problems is that many noobs like yourself are too lazy to do elementary research. Reading the stickies around here would help.
  15. No Profile Picture

The keyword/phrase is "tax relief"
    Well, for this particular keyphrase, Google AdWords says that there are 301K monthly global searches and the competition is low (0.31). So the future is bright! But your website and domain are still too new for top ranking, wait a little more while constantly doing SEO on that keyphrase. And keep an eye on the strategy of the main competitor.

Comments on this post

• PhilipSEO : This is BS. You are a beginner, refrain from giving advice. Learn how to use the "exact match" setting in the AdWords Keyword Tool.
  17. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by regan
    Well, for this particular keyphrase, Google AdWords says that there are 301K monthly global searches and the competition is low (0.31). So the future is bright! But your website and domain are still too new for top ranking, wait a little more while constantly doing SEO on that keyphrase. And keep an eye on the strategy of the main competitor.
    Thanks, just wondering what tool you used for the 301k and .31 competition? With google keyword tool it shows 110k and medium competition.
  19. Online Business Builder
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

How long would it take to rank number one for a medium keyword.
    You will start ranking as soon as your website becomes relevant to your targeted terms (keywords). Two most important things for making your website relevant - subjective fresh contents and relevant back-links.

My site is two months old and the domain age is nine months. The page has been optimized and I continue to backlink everyday for that keyword. Currently I sit on page 28.
    This is very micro factor used in special cases. Domain authority mater instead of age.

as stated, you should work on content and back-links. There are some additional factors you should consider like internal navigation, page load, canonical, crawler errors etc...

Comments on this post

• joshz agrees : right, once you gain authority, relevant links and those linked become indexed you will see the increase.
    • kalwinmack agrees
  21. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by chiragparekh
    You will start ranking as soon as your website becomes relevant to your targeted terms (keywords). Two most important things for making your website relevant - subjective fresh contents and relevant back-links.

This is very micro factor used in special cases. Domain authority mater instead of age.

as stated, you should work on content and back-links. There are some additional factors you should consider like internal navigation, page load, canonical, crawler errors etc...
    I think your very very wrong on this honestly. There domain is the keyword and is 10 years old. They only have 100 back links and the top backlink is a pr1 that is not relevant, yet they maintain the top spot. Your logic is very very flawed. On top of all this they do not have a blog that created fresh relevant content each day.
  23. Online Business Builder

I think your very very wrong on this honestly. There domain is the keyword and is 10 years old. They only have 100 back links and the top backlink is a pr1 that is not relevant, yet they maintain the top spot. Your logic is very very flawed. On top of all this they do not have a blog that created fresh relevant content each day.
    Then, I would love to be wrong honestly...

Because SEO job becomes easy this way... why should I spent much money on content and care about back-link. I should just start buying old domains and build 100 carp links (non relevant PR 1)

right?
  25. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by chiragparekh
    Then, I would love to be wrong honestly...

Because SEO job becomes easy this way... why should I spent much money on content and care about back-link. I should just start buying old domains and build 100 carp links (non relevant PR 1)

right?
    This forum really sucks if your the best answer for this. Clearly you dont know what the hell your talking about.

I bet you didn't even go to the website I provided or even do any sort of research on the keyword I posted.
  27. Online Business Builder

This forum really sucks if your the best answer for this. Clearly you dont know what the hell your talking about.

I bet you didn't even go to the website I provided or even do any sort of research on the keyword I posted.
    You are very right on this. I didn't visit your provided website because it was not required to answer your simple question.

anyway to remove your ignorance I visit your provided website. which is www.taxrelief.net.

After a glance look I became very sure (which is expected) with the suggestions I gave you.

You said: -
    They only have 100 back links and the top backlink is a pr1 that is not relevant.
    This is very wrong. it seems you are lacking of very basic knowledge. this knowledge can be achieved by spending some time in this forum but it might hard for you as you think this forum is SUCK.

I could have share reasons why this site is ranking high but I'm sorry... can't help you anymore. Ask (request) other experts...

Experts at SEOChat can give you direction/generalize ideas rather than exact solution however in most of the time people get more than they want in terms of tips, ideas, and suggestions. your case is the same but you didn't get it. May be you are expecting something easy or say magic...
    Last edited by chiragparekh; Dec 18th, 2011 at 06:30 AM.