1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Matt Cutts videos on google

Surprised I didn't find this already reported in this forum.

Found on his blog:

http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/seo-answers-on-google-video/

I found the meta noodp tag kinda neat. Never heard that one before.

I also liked, the "does google favour bold or strong text?" question. Kind of a funny question if you ask me.
    Last edited by tommy2toes; Aug 1st, 2006 at 08:45 PM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by tommy2toes

Found on his blog:

I also liked, the "does google favour bold or strong text?" question. Kind of a funny question if you ask me.
    Why is that question funny? <strong> is the best choice to use if you ask me, and that guy definitelly asked knowing the difference.
    And btw, I wouldn't trust those vids much, have a look at the disclaimer one.

Chris
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Matt's videos are well worth watching. He's added another two today, so there are now eight at the time of writing. I found Session 8 particularly illuminating, as it sheds more light on the term 'data refresh'.
    Sussex Barn Dance
    The Hokey Cokey - is that really what it's all about?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Why is that question funny? <strong> is the best choice to use if you ask me, and that guy definitelly asked knowing the difference.

Chris

Well he said bold in his video, I am sure it doesnt make a huge difference either way which is why I stated it being kinda funny.

Hey Chris are you implying that Matt Cutts is purposely trying to mislead people with this information? Not that I care either way, I mean I take it with a grain of salt...

But does he have that type of reputation?
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Chris

Well he said bold in his video, I am sure it doesnt make a huge difference either way which is why I stated it being kinda funny.

Hey Chris are you implying that Matt Cutts is purposely trying to mislead people with this information? Not that I care either way, I mean I take it with a grain of salt...

But does he have that type of reputation?
    Nope, he doesn't have that kind of reputation. In fact, I think he's trying to help us all here.
    BUT, what in fact is Google? It's a huge machine software that is made by a few hundread of programmers. And of course, like in all big projects like this one, a guy that is supposed to know what's his share of work won't know what his coworkers are doing. Due to it's secret caracter, it's impossible for a single men to know everything.
    Sure, Matt's intentions are good, but he can also make mistakes, that's all.

Chris
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Cutts is nothing more than a PR guy for google. He probably mops the floors and listens in to the conversations in the conference rooms. His posts are misleading at best.
  13. Contributing User

Cutts is a senior engineer in the abuse team. He's also a successful webmaster in his own right. By all means choose to disregard his statements if you don't trust them but IMO you are missing out ona valuable source of information.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

His info is def useful, however it does seem like he is the guy thats resposible for getting everyones websites just as Google wants them, definitley need another player to step up to the challenge & match if not beat google before we all become googlegoats, yes google no google 3 bags 4 google.

I wonder when the 1st suicide will be reported because a small business goes under due to its dependance on google ? (i know its not googles fault - but I wouldnt be supried if its already happened)

I wonder when googlism will be practised in local churches ?

Its getting to that stage - comes on MSN pull your fingers out before we all starting having Googlo's for breakfast, & Googlebites for lunch.

Comments on this post

• DrQuincy agrees
    Last edited by Market-Trend; Aug 3rd, 2006 at 01:45 AM.
  17. Contributing User

Certainly it's useful for Google to have him out there championing the "ultra white hat" approach.

As regards 'another player' then if you are talking about another SE to rival Google in traditional search then I don't see where that is coming from. Yahoo and MSN are making no inroads. The costs of entry are now too great for any new startups. However search, in the broader sense of information channelling, is diversifying with newer players with newer approaches such as Technorati and Digg. Hopefully the growth of these will be sufficient to avoid complete Google monopoly.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

"Hopefully the growth of these will be sufficient to avoid complete Google monopoly."

Hopefully John!
  21. Contributing User

Two more videos there now. Here's an interesting statement from session 10:
    The fact is that we don't really have much in the way that says this is a link from the ODP, or from .gov, or from .edu, so give that some sort of special boost. It's just that those sites tend to have higher PageRank because more people link to them and reputable people link to them.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

folks, I put a summaries post of the first five videos on a blog posting, it's here http://www.akamarketing.com/blog/38-a-look-at-the-matt-cutts-seo-videos-1-5.html.

I found them all really interesting.
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Found on his blog:

Hey!

I will also say, that these are the basic to start as a SEO work which we called "On Page Optimization".............

Archana