Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by Test-ok
    LinkAssistant does that Marie
    Do you know if you can set it to alert you about lost links? The boss has asked me to find a tool for tracking/alerting us about any links which we loss across all clients sites, but I don't know of any tool for the job.
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  3. Busting SEOChat Spammers!

Just to clarify (to stop PM's that are basically repeating what I already know lol)...

What I was asking is if it alerts you about lost links, IE sends an email to let you know xyz link is no longer working or your link was not found on zyx site etc. We have found that Raven tools can do something along these lines (you have to manually enter the links you want tracked though), so I was wondering is any of the others do the same as I generally only use OSE and they don't track or alert you about lost/broken links, which is what I am after...

Lost / broken link tracking and alerts to let us know about them via email.
  5. SEO Consultant

I've found it's wise to use all three and more to get a better idea of a profile. I've seen OSE or Ahrefs show some that others don't and vice versa.
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by Test-ok
    LinkAssistant does that Marie
    Link Assistant is slow....and locks up. I have a paid subscription, but is soooo, slow.
  9. No Profile Picture

I also think yahoo site explorer was a very good link checker. I like open site explorer but i think ahrefs is the best it discovers new links faster than others.
  11. No Profile Picture

Hi I'm new to the forum, so I do not know if this is the best place to post this. I run Majestic Back link and show that most of my backlinks are deleted due to : Backlink deleted HTTP 406 Not Acceptable. (more than 700 links)

How ever they still shows in Web Master tools
    Thanks
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

That does not mean they are deleted

Originally Posted by propelfolio
    Hi I'm new to the forum, so I do not know if this is the best place to post this. I run Majestic Back link and show that most of my backlinks are deleted due to : Backlink deleted HTTP 406 Not Acceptable. (more than 700 links)

How ever they still shows in Web Master tools
    Thanks
    Hi - 406 does not means they are deleted. The way you describe the issue, there could be one of two things happening. If they are showing as deleted in the PAGES tab, then this means that your web host is most likely blocking our bot from accessing your site. This mean that we cannot verify that a link completes and should urgently complain to your ISP or change your host. More details on that problem at Why Verifying a site in MajesticSEO should be in EVERY SEO audit - Majestic SEO Blog.

If they are showing as deleting and 406 in the backlinks tab, then my GUESS is that all 700 links come from the same website or at least the same network (owned or controlled by one person). This means they have taken that either THEIR web host has blocked our bot (in which case they too have a cheapskate host) or they have deliberately blocked our bot to try to avoid competitors seeing their link network. We will have more about this in the following weeks, but suffice to say, Majestic only counts a link as "live" if we can crawl the page with the link. a 406 mean the web site is blocking us from doing that.
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page: