1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Lost Keywords completely in Google in one week...

Okay... Where to start... LOL... I am a Newbie... So I'll start from the beginning... My website is www(dot)heartlandcorporation(dot)com...

Started up website in 2001... Had a basic webpage, designed by Myers Internet (who is a Mortgage Website Company)... Did nothing really with the page at all... Just wanted a web presence...

Approximately 8 months ago, decided to try and put together a better website, and optimize it... So redesigned everything... And added a ton of content... User friendly, helpful information, etc...

On or about January 2007, I signed up with a company, www(dot)directorymaximizer(dot)com, to get incoming one-way links... They manually enter the links in directories, and I had to respond manually to the linking emails, etc...

Then all of a sudden (don't know date specifically), I went from a PageRank 0 to a Page Rank 1... I was exited... LOL...

Then, sometime in late February, I had discovered that I actually had some signifigant keyword phrases... IE... I had 17th position out of 9-10 million for the keyword phrase "California Home Mortgage", and 1st position for bad credit repair sanbernardino"... Of course many others, I had some rankings on too... So I was excited again... LOL...

Then in March 2007, I decided to sign up with some link exchanging services... IE... www(dot)gotlinks(dot)com, www(dot).linkmarket(dot)net, and www(dot)telalinks(dot)com... Of course I set the settings to only allow links relevant to my industry, which is Finance and Real Estate... And also required this page to be added to the site... www(dot)heartlandcorporation(dot)com/links.php

Then I was kind of showing off my accomplishments to family, friends, etc... I would show them by going to Google, and doing the keyword search, and then click on the link to show them my page... Not sure if this mattered, just trying to think of everything that has taken place to help get a better analyzation of everything...

On April 5th, 2007, I did my check, and I still had 23rd position out of 9-10 million for the keyword phrase "California Home Mortgage", and the rankings on the others too...

Then this week on April 11th, 2007... Nothing... Completely gone... I can't find any keywords coming up at all... Nothing... :-(

Can someone please help me... What do I do... Am I sandboxed? How can I find out? What do I do? Can anyone look at my website, and tell me what happened? Is the links page not good? Please help... :-(

Thanks so much in advance...
    James Coleman
  3. from the horses mouth
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Your site hasn't been removed from Google as the search:

site:www.heartlandcorporation.com

shows a list of your pages..

Google doesn't show many backlinks for your site, about 19, whereas Yahoo is giving almost 2000 backlinks. If you look closely at the backlinks and the anchor text it doesn't take a genius to work out that they are obviously from link exchange programmes and are in the main from non-relevant sites.

If you have gained these backlinks very quickly then it could be that Google is discounting these links when calculating your SERP placement, and you have hence dropped back down.. i suspect if you search far back enough you will see that your site is still returned.. just not as high as it was..

anyone else agree? or think i am barking?
  5. No Profile Picture

Okay I kind of understand what you are saying... But take this into consideration... One of our keyword phrases went from #17 to gone... No where to be found... As did ALL the other ones we had rankings on... I would understand a drop... But gone completely? I'd even go for a #10,222,211... LOL...

Also... Strange... But when I do
    link:heartlandcorporation(dot)com (no www), in Google, shouldn't something come up at all?

And when I do,
    link:www(dot)heartlandcorporation(dot)com, I don't even come up as the first link...

Last but not least...

In Google... Even if I keyword search the most obvious, such

"heartlandcorporation" - my org comes up, but not my com (which com used too)...
    "heartlandcorporation(dot)com" - not the 1st link, used to be...
    "heartland financial" - not around, used to be...
    "heartland financial corporation" - not around, used to be...
    "heartland corporation" - not around, used to be...

:-(

Only thing I gather, is... Google has us indexed, but sandboxed? Does this happen?

Any other ideas? Any suggestions? Anyone? :-(

Originally Posted by channel5
    Your site hasn't been removed from Google as the search:

siteURL address blocked: See forum rules)

shows a list of your pages..

Google doesn't show many backlinks for your site, about 19, whereas Yahoo is giving almost 2000 backlinks. If you look closely at the backlinks and the anchor text it doesn't take a genius to work out that they are obviously from link exchange programmes and are in the main from non-relevant sites.

If you have gained these backlinks very quickly then it could be that Google is discounting these links when calculating your SERP placement, and you have hence dropped back down.. i suspect if you search far back enough you will see that your site is still returned.. just not as high as it was..

anyone else agree? or think i am barking?
  7. No Profile Picture

Hey Matt...

Okay... LOL... I'm lost... What is Footprint?

Originally Posted by umatt
    stay away from linking services like gotlinks.

If you use a linking service take one without a footprint like gotlinks.

I think Teldalinks have a footprint also.