1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Lol, My Google Search Traffic Reported: New Years Resolution

I was bored and just looked at my analytics for the year from month to month. Lol, this is how my 2012 year looked with Google organic only:

Jan- 11,688 searches
    Feb- 10,879
    March- 10,227
    April- 8,300
    May- 3,904
    June- 3,581
    July- 4,034
    August- 4,798
    Sept- 4,342
    Oct- 2,792
    Nov- 2,478
    Dec- 2,357

And by following the trend now, my Jan 2013 traffic from Google is projected to be 1,984 !

Wow, I've came a long ways. Working on this site has been the biggest waste of time in my life.

My New Year's resolution: I think its about time to abandon ship and get a real business dealing with people face-to-face. lol, I am still constantly improving things with Google only to see my traffic going down each month.
    Last edited by ericwoo; Jan 2nd, 2013 at 11:10 PM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Your traffic stats suggests that you experienced a major steep in May and never recovered from that. Have you checked whether your website is hit by Panda as that was the time (April 2012) Panda was rolled out globally.
    Last edited by danielwood; Jan 3rd, 2013 at 05:24 AM.
  5. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Panda rolled out 2011, I'm thinking April 2012 was more than likely Penguin. You have link problems. Have you ever looked at your backlink profile?
  7. the mango demon
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Abandoning the ship because the shore is not visible yet is a stupid thought. Sorry to be blunt.
    Did you have a map in the first place? If you did, did you bother getting a compass?
    SEO Professionals in NewDelhi It is different. Don't believe me? Go check yourself.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Test-ok
    Panda rolled out 2011, I'm thinking April 2012 was more than likely Penguin. You have link problems. Have you ever looked at your backlink profile?
    Thanks test-ok. corrected.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by NewDelhiSEO
    Abandoning the ship because the shore is not visible yet is a stupid thought. Sorry to be blunt.
    Actually, it's not. Matt Cutt's has said the same thing that if you clean up the spam, and you don't recover, then it is better to just get a new domain and start new. To continue putting time and resources into fixing a sinking ship that is unlikely to recover is actually the most idiotic thing to do, especially if you can buy a new ship that floats for a less price and is nicer.

Originally Posted by Test-ok
    I believe I was hit by Penguin and the Panda updates in 2012. Yes, I did look at my backlink profile and there does seem to be a decent amount of crap links that I forgot I made back when I first started out. Not a lot of them but there is a more than a few. I have been removing most of crap links this past week and analytics continue to show a decline after every improvement I make. I am even going through every page of my site, fixing any grammar issues with grammar software, improving the content, and adding helpful pictures.

I will be putting another month or 2 into this, and if nothing improves- I will stop working on this site and move on.
  13. the mango demon
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

My New Year's resolution: I think its about time to abandon ship and get a real business dealing with people face-to-face. lol,
    Where does it say anything about creating a new website on a new domain? Lord Matt Cutts is not mentioned here either.
    You were talking about abandoning "SEO" and getting into "real business dealing" whatever that meant to you.

To continue putting time and resources into fixing a sinking ship that is unlikely to recover is actually the most idiotic thing to do, especially if you can buy a new ship that floats for a less price and is nicer.
    Well if you don't know how to fix ships, please don't pretend to be a Ship Builder. You are right. Buy another ship. Make sure you hire a good builder, a good captain this time. Obviously if you try it yourself you are most likely going to sink the brand new vessel too.