Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

linking from PR4 sites or pages important

Hi I am brand new to this and just learning but hoping I don't sound too stupid and that someone can help me out. I have been reading about linking from high quality sites in order to improve your SERP. I have noticed that some sites actually have a PR of 4 or higher but that the actual page that that site would link to you from has a lower PR (2 or less). If the first page of the site is a PR4+ and the page your would link from is less than PR4 is Google likely to recognise the backward link?

Thnaks to anyone who can help.

Alan
    Attached Images
  3. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Google will recognize backward links regardless of PR. PR distribution is a widely discussed topic in these forums and what I have learned is that links from other websites to yours are always helpful. However pages with a higher Page Rank will help more to build your PR. As I understand it, Also the higher the PR of a page the more often it get's crawled by the google spiders so the faster your link will get picked up. Get as many links as you can. Oh, and welcome to SEO Chat.
    Last edited by googler; Sep 25th, 2003 at 10:58 PM.
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Thanks, but my concern is that in my business (Real Estate) I have to pay for some sites to link to me. This is not so much of a problem, but when evaluating which sites I link from (and the fianancial aspect means I do need to be selective), part of my evaluation includes whether I can select the text used in my link from that site, and whether that site has a high PR. Sometimes the home page has the high PR but the page that my link would be from doesn't. I am trying to figure out if google would factor in the high ranking PR home page, or if they would only look at the low ranking PR link page. Other threads on this site have indicated that google is now only logging backlings where the PR on the site is 4 or more.

Right now I only have a PR2, but I am just started to get sites to link to me two weeks ago. The site is www.toronto-condominium-homes.com if anyone is interested.

Thanks for the welcome words!

Alan
  7. Give me Backlinks
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Alan,

Good PR and good ranks at google are two different topics. Anyway, if you are paying for the links, I would say you should insist on getting link from a PR rich page if you want to build PR , and also, you must ask for the link text of your choice. Otherwise the links you are paying for are not going to prove of much worth.

Google counts links from all pages regardless of PR. Even PR 1 or 2 pages linking to you can also help your PR but then you should not be paying for them in my opinion. And if a PR rich site is linking to you from a PR0 page, don't fall for the trick.
  9. Give me Backlinks

And what is the attachment for, bro? Looking for a date? lol
  11. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Hey Maneesh....He is cute and Canadian......be nice =P
  13. Give me Backlinks

Some language problem here, you see. Perhaps a comment in Hindi would have sounded friendlier. Yes, he looks good. I just meant a friendly jest.

By the way Tiffany, why you mentioned his being Canadian? Indians are friendly to anyone except Pakistanis lol
  15. Contributing User

LOL =) Being from Canada is kinda a joke in my house, after all us Americans do tend to blame everything on Canada =)
  17. Contributing User

I guess being Canadian explains why my PR5 site went to a plain white PR0. :sad:

I'm not too worried though, as Google is showing 81 backlinks to my site, and many more PR4 or higher links are still not listed.

I had just 11 backlinks showing for the past month, so that is a vast improvement.

My site has #1 and #1 and #2 SERPs all over my keywords (albeit in non-competitive categories). One I was struggling with (the best keywords), is now up to #20 with a bullet.

I credit what I learned here from SEO Guy (Canada), Fathom (Canada), Webby (Germany), and various Americans for my SEO improvements.

Maybe Google is punishing me for being Canadian by removing my PageRank 5!
  19. Give me Backlinks

Come to India. My PR is back to 6 and ranking is also great. Google loves India because Krishna Bharat is also an Indian and it's in google algo to give credit to Indians lol
    Last edited by Maneesh; Sep 26th, 2003 at 01:18 AM.
  21. Contributing User

Thanks Maneesh.

Maybe the PageRank demon, that removed my PR 5, and left me a PR 0, won't follow me to India! :grin:
  23. Give me Backlinks

Bring along the Canadian beer. Indian beers don't taste great. :grin: Once we are drunk, we'll exorcise all demons lol
  25. Contributing User

Hey Maneesh.

That sounds like a plan!

27. Give me Backlinks

So you caught me :grin: Well, I'd blame a Canadian for this (seo guy) he talked so much of Canadian beer that I had to resort to dirty tricks

OK, I'm coming to Canada. So what if my PR drops :grin: Anything for the Canadian beer lol
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally posted by Maneesh
    By the way Tiffany, why you mentioned his being Canadian? Indians are friendly to anyone except Pakistanis lol
    Maneesh..

THAT'S SOOOOOOOOOOOOO TRUE!!! i am with you. I will come to india and bring some canadian bear for ya :grin:

Let's see. maybe in december i will be coming to new delhi for vacation :-)

John
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: